PDA

View Full Version : Grumbine vid's still avaliable?

Bill Bolen
02-17-2013, 2:10 PM
Following along with Glen's ? about the Drosda Vids I would sure like to see the 2 Bill Grumbine vids's. Are they still out there?

Mike Peace
02-17-2013, 2:25 PM
Do a Google search on a turner's name with woodturning after it and you can easily find most any woodturner with a digital trail including Bill Grumbine. This is what I found http://wonderfulwood.com/videos/

John Keeton
02-17-2013, 2:30 PM
Mike, I think Bill is referring to the long lost host of DVDs that were a part of the mobile library. They seem to have vanished. Shame, too, as there was a lot of circulation at one time with a lot of folks benefiting.

James Combs
02-17-2013, 2:44 PM
Mike, I think Bill is referring to the long lost host of DVDs that were a part of the mobile library. They seem to have vanished. Shame, too, as there was a lot of circulation at one time with a lot of folks benefiting.
What John said. Been a while since I have seen any being offered for others to view, as John said, it's a shame. A search on "Mobil Library" shows the last activity back in November???

Michael Gibson
02-17-2013, 4:23 PM
Is the Mobile Library something SMC used to do/ still does? Michael.

John Keeton
02-17-2013, 4:55 PM
Michael, the Mobile Library is not an SMC function. It all started here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?138554-Videos-for-loan-the-SMC-quot-mobile-library-quot-update) when I loaned out some DVDs I accumulated right after I started turning. In fact, I notice that Bill Bolen was the first to view the Grumbine DVDs!! Bill, old age will cause that forgetfulness!!:D The Drozda videos were also put in to circulation, and eventually, 2 or 3 other folks put some in. They were all done with the same set of original rules.

Along the way, folks either decided to retain the videos - or, more probably, simply forgot they had them. In any event, there are probably 10-12 DVDs out there somewhere that should be circulating again if folks would get off their duff and post them for loan! Excuse me for being harsh, but really, this was done on the honor system with the expectation that there would be follow thru.

There has been a little 'prodding' a couple of times in the past, with a little response, but not much.

Michael Gibson
02-17-2013, 6:01 PM
Great idea and very thoughtful of you, hope you can kick it back into action again. Mike

Dan Hintz
02-17-2013, 6:44 PM
I'm a (semi)guilty party, John. I have the Drozda Finial DVD... it became buried under a stack of stuff, and I just found it again a few days back. I'm trying to make some time to watch it and get it out to the next person.

Lee Koepke
02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
I am the guilty Grumbine Video person... I really have enjoyed watching it. Watched it several times already and Christmas project rush, it was relegated to my 'home office' room.

I too, will be posting this back to circulation this week.

Scott Hackler
02-18-2013, 3:16 PM
I'm with John on this deal. When he and a few others placed the videos into the honor system loan program, it went over good and for a while they were changing hands fairly regular. The Drozda finial, Drozda box and Grumbine bowl videos are the most recently traded of all of the videos (from my memory). I even had the Grumbine video for a little while, last year.

What bothers me isn't these three videos. The reminder from this thread, has sparked a few of the most recent borrowees that they have them. They will (and have already) be offering those 3 dvds up soon. BUT I ask, where are the other videos???? I haven't seen any of the others offered up in a very long time.

It was always my understanding that WHEN you were done watching one, you offered it up to the first person and if there weren't any interested parties..then the videos were to be shipped back to the OWNER (you know, the person that spent the money on them and graciously loaned them out).

Oversight is one thing, but there are a whole bunch of videos that folks have received months or even years ago and just plain kept. Please offer them up or return them to the original owners.

my $.02