PDA

View Full Version : Another filter question

Joe Hillmann
02-12-2013, 6:53 PM
I now have my carbon/hepa scrubber working and it does a great job of getting rid of the smell in the room. But now I have found out that most of the smell in my shop comes from the parts I take out of the laser, the scraps and the laser itself if I don't clean it immediately after using it.

Are there any room air filters anyone has experience with to get rid of the lingering smells? In the past I always just assumed most of the smell was from the air I was exhausting somehow finding its way back in. But now I am filtering the air and exhausting it right back into the room and there is no smell at all when I am cutting but as soon as I take parts out of the laser the smell come back nearly as strong as it was before I filtered the exhaust. So now I would like to try and remove that smell as well or at least reduce it.

Joe Pelonio
02-12-2013, 7:58 PM
I have a small Honeywell air filter system to help with that, but it really only helps after the parts are packed up. s long as they remain in the room the smell will be there and any filter system is just wasting electricity.

Mike Null
02-13-2013, 5:52 AM
Joe

I have never had any lingering odor and I cut a lot of plastic name tags and labels as well as wood. I'm wondering if all your exhaust systems are well sealed and adequate to do the job.

Generally I have no odor at all when I'm cutting though I may get a little with acrylic it disappears quickly. And i have never had any odor in the upstairs parts of the house--my shop is in my basement. I do not use a filter of any kind.