PDA

View Full Version : missing fonts

Zlatan Vuckovic
02-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Opened Corel x5 and I have lost allot of fonts, they show on font navigator but will not load onto corel list. Did a search for a fix and have deleted update that was suggested but it didn't work, tried reinstalling from disk no luck. I didn't do any updates before this, but did do updates after this happened. Anyone know of any updated info on this problem?

Tony Lenkic
02-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Zlatan, see this post from Tony of Corel Corp.

Latest MS update causes problems with Type1 fonts
I wanted to jump in and let you know that there is an issue with the latest MS fixes across all versions of CorelDRAW (and Quark Xpress...and...) There is a thread on coreldraw.com about this @

http://coreldraw.com/forums/t/37077.aspx
<if the moderators let the link through here>

If you want the Coles notes version,
<<Uninstalling KB2753842 brings Draw back to normal.>>>

Michael Hunter
02-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Just to add to Tony's note -

If you uninstall KB2753842 Windows update will immediately want to install it again.

It is OK to let it do so - the latest version is fixed so that the fonts will work without problems.
(To be sure, check the update before installing - it should be version 2 or above (v1 caused the trouble).

Zlatan Vuckovic
02-12-2013, 9:07 PM
Thanks for the replies, I tried deleting that specific update but the fonts still didn't return, I have auto update turned off. I finally did a restore from a previous date and the fonts came back. Thanks