PDA

View Full Version : Any alternatives for GravoGraph software?

Lou Anderson
02-12-2013, 9:41 AM
We have several IS400's and M20's although i'm not really excited or happy about the pricing of Gravostyle (was quoted $5,100 for one upgrade from Disco to Disco Max and one brand new license for Disco Max and one font pack). The software costs are absurdly high.

Really wanted to be able to use EngraveLab although it doesn't look like they support our machines. Is there any better options out there for software to drive IS400's and M20's?

Paul Phillips
02-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Hi Lou, I feel your pain, that's why I switched years ago, we use Flexi-Sign in our shop to run the vinyl plotters and for a short time they had a version called Flexi-Engrave that I bought as an upgrade for about $1000. I love it, simple and easy to do what I need and I already knew Flexi but I don't think they make it anymore. I know that EnRoute has drivers available for those machines but it's probably not much cheaper, I'm sure there's got to be something out there, Maybe one of the Vectric users can tell you if that software has any New Hermes drivers because I've heard that is a good affordable program. Maybe look for some used software?
Good luck.
Paul
Edit: I just did a search and found that Egravelab sells for about $1200, I don't know if it has compatible drivers though, maybe someone who has a copy can tell you.

Tony Lenkic
02-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Paul,

From list below it appears that EngraveLab does support all IS series gravograph machines.

http://www.cadlink.com/products/engraveLab/el_prodInfo_outDev.php