PDA

View Full Version : Gloat THE Newest Oneida DC --

Joe Mioux
05-03-2005, 8:22 PM
Just got this today from the UPS guy. This is Oneida's newest version of the Dust Gorrilla. As you can see this is the Jim Becker Model 8251. This model distiguishes itself from future models in that it has a Baldor Motor.

Had it not been for Jim's earlier post regarding Oneida's new "Grizzly Fighter" I would not have been aware of this new DC. thanks Jim

so here it is

Joe Mioux
05-03-2005, 8:29 PM
Ok here it is..

Joe Mioux
05-03-2005, 8:33 PM
here is another version

Corvin Alstot
05-03-2005, 8:37 PM
This is Oneida's newest version of the Dust Gorrilla. As you can see this is the Jim Becker Model 8251. This model distiguishes itself from future models in that it has a Baldor Motor.

Are you sure thats a Jim Becker Model 8251 and not a cheap copy. . .
It almost looks like the Jim Becker LOGO is glued on!!

You better check authenthicity with Oneida!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-03-2005, 8:48 PM
I dunno....? Nice Gloat, regardless!

Jim Becker
05-03-2005, 9:06 PM
I think I need to open a bottle of wine...since I agree with Ken's apprehension and it will dull the, um...effect. Unless you have a rodent problem in your shop, there is no need for my picture! ;)

(Congrats on your new cyclone!!)

Corey Hallagan
05-03-2005, 9:14 PM
Congrats on the new purchase! Enjoy!

Corey

Jim McCarty
05-03-2005, 10:11 PM
SWEET!!!! I can only hope mine is the Jim Becker Limited Edition too.

Mark Singer
05-04-2005, 12:14 AM
I just called Onieda and ordered the Jim Becker upgrade....My model is about 3 years old...It was a lot of $$$$....i think it is well worth it! Without it it just sucks....thats it!:rolleyes:

Karl Laustrup
05-04-2005, 6:24 AM
As my 2HP commercial is still in the boxes, I'm wondering if Onieda would take it back for the JB Limited Model? :D

Would the JB Limited be considered an upgrade? :confused: ;)

While I don't have a rodent problem, would it possibly work in keeping unwanted soliciters and general ne're do wells at bay? :D Or, does it just suck? :D

Congrats on the fine acquisition. May it suck a long, long time. :) :D

Karl

Jeff Sudmeier
05-04-2005, 7:44 AM
Karl, I think you need the extra large Jim Becker model for that. Comes with a poster size avatar as well as the little logo you see in the post above! :)

Jim Becker
05-04-2005, 9:38 AM
Karl, I think you need the extra large Jim Becker model for that.

Sorry, but Dr. SWMBO and I are about to join the new health club right up the street, so with any luck, the "extra large version" will be discontinued...:p

This is really getting very silly, BTW... :cool:

mike malone
05-04-2005, 9:45 AM
hi joe...nice machine.......now if they'd just paint it a normal color and lose the "gorilla" logo.......

Mine is due here on May 10 according to UPS. (hoping for Baldor)

BOY, when the dust clears (pardon the pun...) I wonder how many members have pulled the trigger on these units?
mike

Joe Mioux
05-04-2005, 3:48 PM
hi joe...nice machine.......now if they'd just paint it a normal color and lose the "gorilla" logo.......

Mine is due here on May 10 according to UPS. (hoping for Baldor)

BOY, when the dust clears (pardon the pun...) I wonder how many members have pulled the trigger on these units?
mike

Hi Mike:

The "Dust Gorilla" Logo is just a peal and stick label. That can easily be removed, the "other" logo may take a bit more persistence:) ;)

Keith Christopher
05-04-2005, 4:02 PM
I am so frightfully amused.

Jim Becker
05-04-2005, 4:30 PM
...nice machine.......now if they'd just paint it a normal color and lose the "gorilla" logo.......

Krylon Ivory is cheap if you want to take the time...but at least you will not lose the system in your shop very easily with the stock color!

Andy London
05-04-2005, 5:40 PM
Krylon Ivory is cheap if you want to take the time...but at least you will not lose the system in your shop very easily with the stock color!

I actually like the yellow, matches the CMS station saws, various routers and a couple of sanders and drills :D Makes it much easier to color coordinate things.

Jim McCarty
05-04-2005, 5:44 PM
My thought exactly. The yellow may be just a little too loud for my tastes. I'll have to wait and see until it gets here.

Bart Leetch
05-04-2005, 5:58 PM
"Unless you have a rodent problem in your shop, there is no need for my picture!"

I've heard of the Pied Piper getting rid of rodents. But a Pied Jim Becker :eek: !!!

Better put the cork back in that bottle of wine Jim. :D