PDA

View Full Version : Chat at 8:05 pm EST on Hand Planes

Richard Gillespie
05-03-2005, 8:14 PM
In an effort to generate more usage of the chat area on this forum lets try this. You want to join in click on Chat.

Richard Gillespie
05-03-2005, 8:57 PM
I waited 18 mins. and one person showed up. That person turned right arround and left. When I started to post a comment about that, the program started posting each word as I hit the space bar.

Good luck to anyone trying to use the chat area.

Dennis McDonaugh
05-03-2005, 9:36 PM
Sorry Richard, I'd liked to have joined you, but I didn't see it until too late. How about setting something up for tomorrow?

Roy Wall
05-03-2005, 10:55 PM
I waited 18 mins. and one person showed up. That person turned right arround and left. When I started to post a comment about that, the program started posting each word as I hit the space bar.

Good luck to anyone trying to use the chat area.

Richard,

I got online just as you gave up....I saw your frustration.....

**** Your cursor was over the "send" button ;' and every time you hit the space bar to separate words, the message was sent. You need to keep the mouse cursor away from the send button while typing.....

Richard Gillespie
05-04-2005, 7:13 AM
Richard,

I got online just as you gave up....I saw your frustration.....

**** Your cursor was over the "send" button ;' and every time you hit the space bar to separate words, the message was sent. You need to keep the mouse cursor away from the send button while typing.....

As I replied in the support forum, figures it would be a SOD problem. Thanks

Terry Hatfield
05-04-2005, 10:26 AM
I would be interested in a hand tool chat if you would like to set a new time. Sorry, I didn't see the original post in time.

Terry

Wendell Wilkerson
05-04-2005, 4:15 PM
A regularly scheduled chat sounds great. Here's a some suggestion I've got if you want to make it regular thing.

1) Put the date of the chat in the thread title. When I first saw this thread, I thought it was being organized for tonight until I saw Richard's responses.

2) Try to set the schedule at least a week in advance. I didn't see the message till today. If you can make the chat message a sticky message so it's always at the top of forum, all the better. I assume this requires some help from the moderator though.

3) Later in the evening might be better (9-9:30 Eastern Time). I have a young daughter, so I can't on the computer till after she goes to bed (around 8:30 PM central time). It might be worth setting up a survey thread to see what time people think the chat session should start.

Wendell