PDA

View Full Version : If I buy a used Gravograph LS100, what about software?

John Braica
02-11-2013, 11:27 AM
If anyone has the answer... I am looking at a used Gravograph LS100. I have read these threads and understand the short comings of the proprietary software on this device. If I purchase this used machine am I going to encounter any problems installing the software on my PC? Or is just having the Dongle which came with the machine going to be sufficient? Or should I be looking at another system with less software issues?

Thanks for any help on this!

John - first post from a new member looking to enter the Laser Etching Business.

Ross Moshinsky
02-12-2013, 8:03 AM
You need the dongle to use gravostyle. The version of gravostyle also needs to be compatible with your operating system. The software does somethings very nicely, like matrixes and duplications but has bugs in every version. You can send work over to the LS100 from corel or adobe illustrator. Keep in mind that dealing with New Hermes is better than the support that you receive from over seas but is no walk in the park. They will get you out of trouble with the software but the hardware repairs are expensive as they will not give adequate hardware support and want the service rep to visit at the price of a new kidney.

Dallas Traina
02-14-2013, 12:37 PM
John,
The GravoStyle version that will come with your LS100 will depend on which version of Windows it will be compatible with. Installing the software is very easy, but once completed you will need to configure GravoStyle to operate with your LS100. We have easy to follow documentation with full-color photos on this process.

If you still feel uncomfortable you can contact us at 1 800.843.7637 where we can walk you through this process in 5 minutes or we can use a LogMeIn session to take control of your PC and perform these actions for you. For more information please call us at 800.843.7637, email us at askservice@gravograph-newhermes.com or message me directly with your contact information and I'll happily call you back.

One of the advantages to purchasing Gravograph equipment is that we are one of the few manufacturers that provide factory certified field service throughout the US.

Get tips/tricks for your engraver - Check out our new LIVE Tech Help WebSeries: The Tim & Tom Show (http://www.gravograph.us/tim&tom)!

Dallas Traina
Technical Analyst - Gravotech

John Braica
02-14-2013, 2:45 PM
Thanks for all the input. That really helped me on my decision. You guys are great!!

Paul Phillips
02-14-2013, 3:00 PM
John, check-out this thread, it may help with your decision - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?198889-Any-alternatives-for-GravoGraph-software
Egravelab sells for about $1200 and may meet your need, so you might try talking to them before you shell out 3-4x the price for GravoStyle.
Paul