PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw 5x & Retinaengrave Problem

Bert Kemp
02-09-2013, 2:32 PM
When sending a design from corel to retinaengrave the design automatically moves to the upper left hand corner of the retina screen causing the design to not fit on page when rastered. The only way I found around this was to put a box around the design, BUT then the box rasters onto the material. I even tried making the box white but then the whole thing moves back to the upper left. Is there a way so the box will not raster.?

Brian Terry
02-09-2013, 2:50 PM
Try putting the box on a different layer. Then turn off the printing for that layer.

Kevin Berkshire
02-09-2013, 3:07 PM
Bert, Not sure what type of engraver you have but mine you can turn the different colors off. So I draw my box in red, insert my picture or whatever I am engraving then make sure the red is turned off. Hope this helps.
Kevin

Bert Kemp
02-09-2013, 3:29 PM
I can turn the box on and off in vector mode but not in raster mode. Also I'm not sure how to use layers yet. Not to good in coreldraw but I'm learning.

gary l roberts
02-09-2013, 4:18 PM
Yellow is the the color you want the box to be as it will not burn in retinaengrav, so when you want to use a box or circle to frame your work, yellow is the choice. In Corel Draw, when you print a item, a box appears with 4 tabs, one being a layout tab which will provide you the choice of upper right, upper left, center of page etc. Hope it helps....

Mike Troncalli
02-09-2013, 5:50 PM
I use C - 5 and Retinagrave as well. As Gary stated use a yellow box to define your area. I have a master file that I created with a grid system (in black) which I used to burn into a coresponding piece of 1/8 mdf that I place on my bed. The grid has been changed to yellow so that anything I place on it will not show through when printing to retinagrave.

you can send me an email mike@tejaswood.com if you need any addtional help.

Bert Kemp
02-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Yellow is the the color you want the box to be as it will not burn in retinaengrav, so when you want to use a box or circle to frame your work, yellow is the choice. In Corel Draw, when you print a item, a box appears with 4 tabs, one being a layout tab which will provide you the choice of upper right, upper left, center of page etc. Hope it helps....

Gary when you tell corel to center it on the page it does not transfer to retina that way. When it goes to retina its in the upper left. ? is the a way to make it tranfer over to retina and stay centered??

gary l roberts
02-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Build a yellow box the size of your work, center the text in the box (or where ever you want to print it on the material). Print (selecting the upper left corner layout option in corel).
On the material, center you laser on the upper left corner, push go. Ritina will see the yellow box and not print it, skip the white space and burn your text in the correct location.
I use this method to double check my material size from corel to the physical size of the material to burn with the trace boundary option in ritina.