PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Wood Supplier...

Joe_Ott
05-07-2003, 9:30 PM
Hi all.

For those of you in Ohio, I thought I'd pass this info along. I've been buying my wood from the fellow below. I have been very satisfied dealing with him. He is very honest and very helpful. It only takes me about 40 minutes to get to him from a western Cleveland suburb. His pricing has been better than anything else I could find within an hours drive of Cleveland. If you need something, give him a try. He has Amish guys that help him and two big kilns.

Joe
just a satisfied customer... and thought you might like to know.

Country Enterprises, Inc.
Gordon Pylypiak
330-667-9181
He's close to Lodi off I-71.

Dave Crabbs
05-08-2003, 8:24 PM
Joe,
Thanks for the heads up on the wood supplier. Does he sell his wood planed or rough? Does he sell hardwood plywood also?
I still need to get to Homestad Hardwoods in Vickery for a sheet of cherry plywood.

Dave

Joe_Ott
05-09-2003, 8:32 AM
Hi Dave.

All I've seen is rough. I don't believe he sells ply. Pretty sure he doesn't although you're best to call him.

I was there last night and picked up a lot of Ash and select Cherry and some walnut. Really nice stuff. Somebody asked me yesterday what species he carries. I have to say it's all across the board - yesterday I saw bunks of cherry, walnut, ash, hickory bass, elm, catapala, red/white oak.... Mostly 4/4 rough. He did say though that he has other not 4/4 (i.e. 5-6-7-8/4 and so on).

I've been getting my Cherry ply from Cleveland lumber. Too far for you I know, but free delivery if your order is over $50. Can't beat that! Don't ask me what I've been paying for it, I can't remember....

BTW - I'm not affiliated in any way with Gordon in Lodi - just a very satisfied customer. Gordon is a good guy.

Good luck - say hi to Bob for me!

Joe

Gary Bindel
05-09-2003, 1:47 PM
Just to second Joe's recommendation. Great prices and he is generous in the customer's favour when calculating BF. He gave me two pieces of 8/4 cherry because it was checked. Considering the crack was down the middle of the 8" wide boards, it wasn't a problem for me. For the stuff I paid for, it was $3.25/BF.:D

Joe_Ott
05-09-2003, 2:00 PM
He did really good for me last night for some cherry, ash and walnut!

Also, he was closed and getting ready to go home but waited an hour for me to show up as I was running late.

Ya can't go wrong with Gordon.

Joe