PDA

View Full Version : Plans for a kitchen/diner style booth?

Joe Pack
02-08-2013, 12:47 PM
A friend of mine wants to build a kitchen/diner style booth and is looking for plans. It can be either a corner booth or free standing. Can anyone help with a source for plans? Plans can be either single or in a book.

Thanks.

Chris Fite
02-08-2013, 6:33 PM
Is this what is sometimes called a banquette (bankette)? My wife has one on her list for when we remodel.

Joe Pack
02-08-2013, 7:48 PM
Not sure of the name, Chris, but I do know that I spent almost 3 hours on the 'net looking for an actual plan! Lots of pictures, a couple of small exploded diagrams and a whole bunch of "I'm lookin for plans for a kitchen nook..." threads, but only one actual plan. I found a fairly simple looking one on the Woodcraft web page. Evidently there is quite a demand for such a plan, but not many out there!

Lots of folks tried to answer quests for the plans by making a good suggestion...go to a few places that have booths that are comfortable and take some pictures and do some measurements. Really, not a bad idea.

Mel Fulks
02-08-2013, 9:16 PM
Are they back again ? Just look in any magazine from the 1950s. Hope that means kitchen scientists have run out of ideas.