PDA

View Full Version : Air compressor what do i need ?

paul j campbell
02-08-2013, 11:16 AM
HI all

first off i just want to say a big thank you for all the help i have been getting from members of this forum about how to use my New Laser cutter.

the next question i now have is this... i purchased a Morntech Laser and it came with a small should i say tiny air compressor to blow away smoke and when i asked the company for help about a couple of things they told me that the compressor that comes with it is not really up to scratch for helping make good cuts

so my question is what should i replace it with from Lowes or HD and do i need an air dryer or anything fancy to make this work correctly also what PSI etc should i set at any help would would be great.

i am now also thinking that the small blower that came with the Laser is more than liklely too small for the laser to get the smoke out quick enough so i am also asking for help in that direction like where to buy and what to buy ?

the laser seems like a good machine over all but i guess they cut ,many corners to keep the price low so i dont really mind these upgrades just need to make the right purhcases for the job

thanks in advance

San DiegoEdSapp
02-08-2013, 1:14 PM
I use an airless compressor from Harbor Tools. Before you comment, I will tell you that I don't buy much from Harbor Tools - Most of what they sell is junk, but the airless compressor I am using is three years old and works just fine for my 60 watt laser.

Ronald Erickson
02-08-2013, 1:34 PM
I use an airless compressor from Harbor Tools. Before you comment, I will tell you that I don't buy much from Harbor Tools - Most of what they sell is junk, but the airless compressor I am using is three years old and works just fine for my 60 watt laser.

I'm guessing you meant an oil-less compressor? :)

Dee Gallo
02-08-2013, 1:47 PM
No matter what kind of compressor you use, I recommend a moisture trap to avoid droplets getting onto your work.

I don't know what your laser requires for air. My Epilog only needs a small 10psi so an airbrush compressor works well, even for cutting.

cheers, dee

San DiegoEdSapp
02-08-2013, 2:52 PM
I'm guessing you meant an oil-less compressor? :)

No I meant and airless paint sprayer compressor.

Rich Harman
02-08-2013, 4:57 PM
I use a Gast 71R. http://www.gastmfg.com/product_detail.aspx?ProductID=424&ProductTypeID=22