PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw X5 and ebay

Frank barry
02-08-2013, 4:53 AM
Good morning all

What might appear a strange question
I am looking to buy Coreldrawx5 and am wondering if it is safe to buy on eBay as there is a big difference in price

Thanks in advance
Frank

Ray Beaty
02-08-2013, 6:48 AM
I purchased Coreldraw x5 (old version) back in June from Amazon for $189.00 and it works great!

Scott Shepherd
02-08-2013, 7:39 AM
$189 for X5? You can buy X6 for $199 directly from Corel.

Buying CorelDraw on ebay is a risk you have to decide on. There are some scams, mainly people selling the OEM version of it. The OEM version has some features that don't work. You won't know it's the OEM version because it doesn't say it anywhere on the box, if I recall correctly.

Dan Hintz
02-08-2013, 8:03 AM
$189 for X5? You can buy X6 for $199 directly from Corel.

I assume you're talking about the upgrade pricing, not full...

Joe Hillmann
02-08-2013, 11:43 AM
If you do end up with an OEM version you can't use it to upgrade to x6 in the future. So if you are looking to get x5 as a cheaper way to upgrade to x6 it may not be worth spending $200 to possibly save $100 it may end up costing you more. If your are looking at getting x5 because you want x5 then it is probably more worthwhile.

This is from Corel's website about which versions of corel cant be upgraded.

To purchase this product, you must own a previous licensed version of CorelDRAW� Graphics Suite X4 or X5, or CorelDRAW� Premium Suite X5. Please note that upgrade eligibility excludes Academic, Home and Student, OEM and Not for Resale (NFR) versions.

louisa tuohy
02-08-2013, 12:55 PM
So if you only want corel draw x5 and never need an upgrade, would it worth taking chance then on ebay or amazon?

Or where else would you guys suggest buying?

Dan Hintz
02-08-2013, 2:51 PM
Well, you also run the risk of getting an academic version... and if you're running a business with it, you're running afoul of the EULA.

walter hofmann
02-08-2013, 4:43 PM
Hi there
dont do it I bought one last year it came after paying as a download for fast use what the seller sayd and should be send the box afterwards , the box never arrieved . the programm worked till there came a update ther I got a message from corel that my program is registered with multiple adresses and is illeagle I should go back to the seller but in the mean time it was 4 motnh laterthe seller disapeared and I could not make a claim ether.
greetings
walt

Mike Lysov
02-08-2013, 5:21 PM
I have bought mine on ebay US from the seller with a huge positive feedback and got a genuine version. However when I tried to buy another software(Photoshop) from sellers with low feedback both times I got contrefait version of software. Just be careful and check seller's feedback before you buy.

louisa tuohy
02-09-2013, 4:41 AM
Hi All
This is a truly great forum and I really appreciate the homest advice.
Yes when on ebay I can see some of the sellers have 100% feedback, I was tempted with the software via dowload but looking at comments here has stopped that idea. I see a seller on there now also with a 100% feedback, he has the corel x5 for sale with a disk in a box, has sold quiet a lot amd also sells lots of other software so guys I was thinking of going for it. Any Thoughts???

Louisa

Mike Null
02-09-2013, 8:14 AM
Louisa

The academic version is not complete and if that's what they are selling you will rue the day you bought it.

Frank barry
02-09-2013, 12:52 PM
hi all
I must say it is getting a bit scary buying coreldrew on ebay can you still buy corelx5 direct from corel as I dont see it on the website they just have the x6

regards Frank

Mike Lysov
02-09-2013, 6:29 PM
It is not actualy about feedback score, it is a quanity of sold items in total. These who sell bad software may have 100% feedback and it can fool buyers. But these sellers normally have feedback from only 5-15 items and it is not even regarding software they are offering now. I would never buy software from them(even though in both my cases I managed to get a full refund from one seller in one case and Paypal in another)

The sellers that offer legitimate software usually have feedback from 1000s of happy buyers. They normally sell a lot of other legitimate software and there are registered on ebay for years.

P.S. The version of Corel Draw I have bought from ebay is a full retail version with a printed manual. There was even a printed catalog included with all cliparts that come with CorelDraw as extras.