PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of CBN Wheels......

Kathy Marshall
02-07-2013, 12:40 AM
I got one to go on my new 8" grinder, somebody loves me :D!
It's the 180 grit and I Love it! One pass on each side and I've got a really nice edge.
If you've been considering getting one, I say go for it! You won't be disappointed!
Isn't it purdy!

John Keeton
02-07-2013, 4:53 AM
Congrats, Kathy! You will love it. That appears to be a D-Way- correct?

Fred Belknap
02-07-2013, 7:45 AM
Nice set I'm sure you will be pleased with the results.

Rex Guinn
02-07-2013, 8:16 AM
I got one for Christmas and love it!

Joe Bradshaw
02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Kathy, I use two vari-grind jigs, one for spindle gouges and one for bowl gouges. After I got the angles set, I cut two pieces of pvc pipe as spacers and marked them as spindle and bowl. Now I can get repeatable grinds. I will try to post a picture later.

Kathy Marshall
02-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Congrats, Kathy! You will love it. That appears to be a D-Way- correct?
Yes, it's a D-Way and I do love it!

Jeffrey J Smith
02-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Kathy: two accessories I've found handy with Dave's CBN wheels - 1) one of those abrasive cleaning sticks made from gum rubber - it's handy for stopping the wheels when you shut the grinder off and want to change settings quickly. Just rub it on the hub to stop the wheels. Mine are so well balanced, if I have to wait for them to stop I'd be there for at least 5 minutes. 2) a couple of wide, flat magnets like those plastic magnets found in cheap tool holders. Put a couple of strips about 3/4" wide and 6" long over the wolverine bases and you don't have to clean up steel dust very often.