PDA

View Full Version : Delta,Porter Cable Parts

Bob Reda
05-03-2005, 6:03 AM
Just a note to let everyone know that beginning May 2 you can order Delta or Porter Cable parts direct at www.dewaltservicenet.com (http://www.dewaltservicenet.com)

Dave Falkenstein
05-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I wonder if this announcement means Porter Cable will start shipping parts again. I have had a PC Saw Boss in the repair shop since March 18, waiting for parts. According to the shop, PC stopped shipping parts when the consolidation with Dewalt/B&D started, and has not resumed shipping them yet. Not a good way to keep old, loyal customers happy.

John Keane
05-03-2005, 3:23 PM
That's good scoop. Helps me solve a problem. Thanks

Harry Goodwin
05-03-2005, 4:07 PM
I made an attempt to get some technical help on a new dust collector and was told it all would come together on the May date. I was not too happy either and told her so. It will be interesting to see what happens when PC and Dewalt belong to the same corporation. Harry

Christopher Pine
05-03-2005, 10:58 PM
I was trying to replace a screw for the cutter head... ON there site it cost $1.60 per screw... It was a 16mm button head allen head drive screw.... I did not mind the price too much but I just knew if I ordered it they would charge me like $4 or $5 to ship it! Besides IF I could just find the screws in an industrial supplier I could probably by 10 for that price.. Well no luck.. I ventured to the hoem depot and just for kicks I checked in there area.. well they had the exact screw except it was not a button head but a taller profile .. Well IT was 50 cents for a pack fo two so I bought them it fit like a champ! However when I ran wood throught the higher profile head left a groove in the wood... lol... well allmost... They also had a same size screw with a phillips drive and it was a button head... it works.. I got this intending to get the replacement part but I am not sure I need to now.... all seems to be working fine..I am keeping eye on it..
Chris

David Tiell
05-04-2005, 1:06 PM
Thanks! I've got some stuff I need to order.

Terre Hooks
05-04-2005, 5:32 PM
FWIW-

Delta/PC are not in the parts business anymore. B&D has sold the parts to a third party.