PDA

View Full Version : Needing font - Interlocking Engravers Font to use in Corel Draw

Mike Lassiter
02-06-2013, 8:00 PM
I searched on this and found a previous thread inquiring but there was never an answer to the question. Several suggested different fonts but no source for this specific font - I have a local shop interested in letting us laser keytags that are personalized based on some she has found online. The font is listed as Interlocking Engravers Font and it seems many have it, but I have come up empty searching for WHERE to get it. I have Engravelab 8 and it is not in the fonts included with it, and so I beg the collective for help. Don't know if this is available in true type, but hope someone here can direct me.

Thanks for any/all help!

Mohammed Issa
02-06-2013, 8:05 PM
is the font your looking for actually called Interlocking Engravers Font??
if so, i couldnt find it, but if you know another name for it, go to www.dafont.com
you can download lots of fonts for free, and it has a decent search tool..

hope that helps.

Chuck Stone
02-06-2013, 8:48 PM
if you have a sample, try it on http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

If it's just a keychain, might be worth a couple of dollars to get one done
so you can search for the font by other names.
Interlocking and engravers sound like descriptions rather than names.
(but they could be names, too)

Mohammed Issa
02-06-2013, 9:17 PM
Interlocking and engravers sound like descriptions rather than names.
(but they could be names, too)

thats what i was thinking.

Mike Lassiter
02-06-2013, 9:18 PM

This is reduced image of scan of keytag she sent me to look at. Letters are A - left: J - center; L - right. The extra swirls help lock everything together within the circle. Possibly I have the name wrong, but get plenty of hits on google with it, but not a source to purchase it, just others stating it is a font they use on items they sell.

Tony Lenkic
02-06-2013, 9:44 PM
Google for Harold monogram fonts.

www dot fontbros dot com

Mark Sipes
02-06-2013, 9:48 PM
That appears to be a rotary/drag font call Interlocking . Single line text that has been line width modified and a circle drawn around the text. I have a version for the Newing Hall..

Mike Lassiter
02-06-2013, 11:06 PM
I found some similar fonts on Harold monogram fonts, maybe she will be OK with one of them. I gather if this is a rotary/drag font that it is not like a true type font that works in Corel. Harold states if the fonts are used to personalize items to sell (like I am trying to do) there is a different license agreement that has to be used - which I guess means cost more. The fonts were very reasonable I thought as priced online. Have sent inquirey about the license agreement to find out what the cost will be for my purpose. Will advise when I get answer. I appreciate your replies. I already spent a few hours "googling" and on forum here with little to show for time spent.

Mike Null
02-07-2013, 5:55 AM
In my Engravlab it resides in the Newing Hall fonts folder as Interlocking Monogram 3 line.

Here it is as a pdf.

Mike Lassiter
02-07-2013, 6:46 AM
Thank You Mike! I will have to look tonight when I get in from work for that. That looks exactly like what I need. Will be a bit more trouble to get desired shape than just typing text and printing, but not too much to turn down jobs I think.

Mike Null
02-07-2013, 8:30 AM
What kind of engraving do you do with a bulldozer? :)

Mike Lassiter
02-07-2013, 9:14 AM
Dirt :)
Ole boy has been sitting & rusting. Haven't used it in about 7 years. Got it started last summer to move it (so I could cut the saplings growing up in & around it) and it now only goes forward & backwards. Steering clutches stuck and can't steer it now. That's what happens when you let your toys sit too long without using them.

Mike Lassiter
02-10-2013, 10:35 PM
In my Engravlab it resides in the Newing Hall fonts folder as Interlocking Monogram 3 line.

Here it is as a pdf.

I have Engravelab Laser V8 and cannot find the font in the fonts that came with it. Is what you have something that you could share with me?

Mark Sipes
02-11-2013, 6:11 PM
"Newing Hall fonts folder as Interlocking Monogram 3 line." this is an .epf file for Newing Hall. Mike N. were you able to import/download NH fonts into Engrave Lab??? I have tried and I can only use in JLS ...

Mike Null
02-12-2013, 5:49 AM
I have not been able to import anything into Engravlab but I bought my Engravlab from Newing Hall as part of my upgrade and it had a fairly long list of NH fonts in their folder. The fonts are all vef in the Engravlab folder including the NH. Mine is not the laser version.

You might give Jeff Mathias at NH a call to see if he can help you.

John Frazee
02-12-2013, 2:45 PM
It is called vine monogram. When you buy it, it comes in about 4different ways. Solid, outline and a few more.

John Frazee
02-12-2013, 2:49 PM
Just checked and it comes with six fonts from Harold's Fonts for $19.99. It is well worth the money.

Mike Lassiter
02-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks for reply John. I found it on Fontbros (Harold's) and purchased it last night. If we do use the font to create personalized key tags we have to pay more for use of font, but for $19.99 I got it to see if*it will satisfy client to use.
It's sort of* "interesting" that the same font has several different names. I see many that look the same except for one or two characters.