PDA

View Full Version : Vessel Lighting

Dale Gillaspy
02-06-2013, 10:12 AM
I have an idea for a piece combining a vessel with some dichroic glass. I want to put a small LED light on the inside of the piece, even if I have to run a small wire out the bottom, but I need a really small light. Everything I can find is 12 volt and requires a transformer. That is something I am not interested in displaying. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dale

Greg Ketell
02-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Thingm.com. Their blinkM is smaller than a penny and the minM is smaller than that. 5v and it is programmable so you could have it go through the colors of the rainbow, flicker like a candle, etc.

or, get a cheap low-power led and tape it's legs to either side of a cr2032 3v battery. That will run for weeks.

or, buy/build a "joule Thief" and that will let you run an led off a single AA or AAA battery. Even batteries that your TV remote says are dead.

Harry Robinette
02-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Dale
I soldered a piece of stain glass into the side of a lidded vase kinda thing and used the light from a kids light eraser ( goes on the end of a pencil). Worked good lasted the 3 days of the symposium.