PDA

View Full Version : Chinese laser accuracy problem letters look pixalated rabbit (6090?)

Levi Chanowitz
02-05-2013, 2:11 PM
Can you help me?

We always had some trouble with getting sharp letters from the Rabbit laser
We use “ Laser Engrave and Cut System (DSP) 4.0. We have a 60 watt laser.

Attached are some pictures of the problem and of the machine

Sincerely,

Moishe L. Chanowitz
Plaque Impact!

Ross Moshinsky
02-05-2013, 3:44 PM
You most likely need to increase your scan gap setting and possibly slow down the machine.

Levi Chanowitz
02-05-2013, 4:00 PM
it doesnt help at all. It becomes worse!
My scan gap (step interval) is.088, my speed is 400 and my power is 60

Ross Moshinsky
02-05-2013, 4:15 PM
Sorry, I forgot on Chinese machines higher the gap, lower the resolution. Your scan gap should be around .05 (roughly 500dpi). I'm not sure about the speed but I believe between 400-600 is what you want.

Levi Chanowitz
02-05-2013, 4:29 PM
made the scan gap .05. did not help

Bruce Dorworth
02-05-2013, 6:32 PM
Silly question, but have you zoomed in and looked at the text? Is it a nice crisp edge on the file that you are sending to the laser?

Bruce

Scott Naylor
02-05-2013, 8:19 PM
I have a rabbit and just engraved some romark material. I used a speed of 300 with a scan gap of .085 - using the LaserCut software. I think I could have run faster, but I only had one shot at this job and after a small test pattern, these are the values I used. I also questioned the rabbit supplier about maximum speed and was told that even though the machine will run faster, you may loose quality above a speed of 350. It's worth a try to slow down a bit.

Levi Chanowitz
02-05-2013, 8:33 PM
yess! it is arial in vectors from Corel Draw

Rodne Gold
02-06-2013, 1:32 AM
You need to check a few things
1) Check belt tightness and check if there is any slop in the motion system\
2) Check your material is actually not moving at all
3) Try to do the same engraving using one direction engraving only (not firing on the forward and backward scan of the head , just on forward) , if it is better then you need to set backlash compensation , this is actually a software setting to control where the laser fires for a forward scan and then a backward scan. You need a magnifying loupe to inspect the engraving .
You want something like this
-------
-------
-------
-------

and NOT this
------
...------
------
....------

(ignore the dots , they just to format the text in the post)
Backlash will change with speed , so you may need to set this for different speed values

Joe Pelonio
02-06-2013, 7:55 AM
Are you sure that is laserable material? It looks like what happens when using a laser on material made for rotary engraving. It's also much deeper than it should be, normally meaning set for too much power.

john banks
02-06-2013, 4:46 PM
Try 200 speed, 20% power and unilateral. Get the quality back and work up from there.

Levi Chanowitz
02-06-2013, 5:23 PM
tryed all powers and all speeds and I dont get any better results

Levi Chanowitz
02-06-2013, 6:43 PM
Thanks for trying to help me out
I tried to loosen and to tighthen the belts, to engrave in only one direction and I checked my engraving material, but it did not help
I finally resolved part of my problem. I noticed that my letters were not smooth. When I export it to hpgl, the curves like in the "O"turn to 12- 20 sided polygons.
When I export it to .ai, I get rounded letters. This does help alot, but still does not resolve the whole problem.

Also, what is the correct way to export to hpgl?

Mike Null
02-07-2013, 6:00 AM
I don't know your software but in CorelDraw you save the file as a plt file for HPGL.

Khalid Nazim
02-07-2013, 9:45 AM
I have a Chinese Laser (Shenhui) and I have always exported DXF out of Corel and then imported the file in RDCAM (Laser software). I have never faced this issue on any of my detailed work.

Regards
KN

Rodne Gold
02-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Most of the software has a section where you can specify the import precision (in laserworks , its under config/file para setting) For plt (hpgl) precision , set it to the highest number and check the "smooth curves" box if it has one. Perhaps check if your software has this or something similar, maybe input config ...

San DiegoEdSapp
02-08-2013, 1:24 PM
It appears that the scroll vectors are not clean. Have you tried just doing a box or star pattern to see if this comes out clean or try doing the pattern on a different material to try to eliminate some possible problem?