PDA

View Full Version : Embedding Laserworks into CorelDraw

Mohammed Issa
02-04-2013, 2:40 PM
hi everyone,

i have been getting clues from reading around the posts in this forum that some chinese laser owners were able to embed the Laserworks software into CorelDraw.

i am not really sure if i have ready correctly. Im not even sure if that is even possible.

i extensively searched for a how-to post on this, but couldnt find anything.

can anyone give me more info on how that can be done, if it is even possible?

the reason i am asking is that, it is very frustrating to keep exporting from CD and then importing into LW. and LW crashes a lot, its not very reliable, it simply doesnt compare to CD.

here is the setup i have:

Windows XP
CorelDraw X6
LaserWorks V5
Chinese 530 60W Laser

any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Martin Boekers
02-04-2013, 2:52 PM
There maybe a macro for that, I have a macro for my Roland GX24 that I can select from my tool bar.
Check with tech support from Laserworks to see if they have a macro.

Mohammed Issa
02-04-2013, 3:02 PM
Martin,

i dont really think there is such thing as 'tech support' for laserworks ==> (chinese software). i wish there were though!!

James Leonard
02-04-2013, 3:26 PM
Hi,

Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28vD75uKS3E

-James

Rodne Gold
02-04-2013, 3:55 PM
All embedding in cd does is export out to laserworks as an AI , its the same as manually exporting and importing. I haven't ever had a laserworks crash..under what circumstances does yours crash? What version of 5 are you running?

Mohammed Issa
02-04-2013, 4:50 PM
All embedding in cd does is export out to laserworks as an AI , its the same as manually exporting and importing. I haven't ever had a laserworks crash..under what circumstances does yours crash? What version of 5 are you running?

Rodne,
im using V5.2.06 . it pretty much crashes every time i try to open a big file with it. and it also crashes the step before opening the file. i.e. if i were to go to 'import' and just clicked (once to view) on a big file, it would freeze and crash!!

does that happen to you?

Rodne Gold
02-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Hasn't happened to us at all..tho Im not sure if my operators have tried to load in massive files .I'm not sure what control board you are running , but I think there could be a later version of laserworks /RDcam for your machine , perhaps your supplier can help? We were running ver 5.3 something , I think , now running Ver 6 , but it only runs with a RDLC320 motherboard and lcd unit.

Mohammed Issa
02-05-2013, 12:17 PM
ill have to check on that. once they finish from their new year.
thanks!