PDA

View Full Version : A new use for bowls

steven carter
02-04-2013, 11:08 AM
My 19 month old grandson Aiden came up with a new use for one of my bowls, a stepstool! Even though he can climb up on the ottoman without
the help, he prefers to use this bowl, unless he is wearing it as a helmet! :) 253473

Richard Jones
02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Steven,

Looks like a great reason for buying some "stool tools". A regular bowl gouge, as we all well know, is just not sufficient for turning stool bowls (not to be confused with bowl stools), so, honey, I'm gonna have to buy this new _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 5/8" UV "stool" gouge. It's for the children......................

Bill Bolen
02-04-2013, 5:46 PM
Better put your HF's on a high shelf right next to the ultra thin bowls. Now that is a real utilitarian bowl.:)

steven carter
02-05-2013, 4:42 PM
Good one Richard, got a belly laugh! I just might try that except for the LOML is very understanding about tools already. My shop is right next to our family room, and is not large enough(like it ever could be), but just the other day she suggested we move the wall over and make the shop larger, and the family room smaller. I guess you can see why we just had our 40th anniversary, I decided a long time ago she is a keeper. I'm not sure what her excuse is for keeping me this long.

QUOTE=Richard Jones;2055935]Steven,

Looks like a great reason for buying some "stool tools". A regular bowl gouge, as we all well know, is just not sufficient for turning stool bowls (not to be confused with bowl stools), so, honey, I'm gonna have to buy this new _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 5/8" UV "stool" gouge. It's for the children......................[/QUOTE]