PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used the GCC LaserPro X252?

Jonathan Ball
02-04-2013, 5:42 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm a new one here. I work in a school technology department and we are looking to buy a new laser cutter. We have seen the GCC LaserPro X252 80W which is on a special offer from one of our suppliers. Some of my colleagues are a bit more in the know than I am with laser cutters but even they know nothing about this one. I would like to ask if any of you guys own, haved used or know anything about this laser and is it worth getting? Would be very greatful for your opinions. Thanks.

Rodne Gold
02-04-2013, 6:17 AM
Uses the excellent GCC platform and drivers with a glass tube rather than a RF metal tube. It's their challenge to the cheaper chinese imports but with FAR better quality mechanicals and usability. I know a few folk with them and they are very happy..

Jonathan Ball
02-05-2013, 3:53 AM
Thanks Rodne for replying, I really appreciate it.

Mike Lysov
02-06-2013, 4:27 AM
as far as I know GCC is using GSI glass tubes made in UK in these cutters. GCC is good brand located in Taiwan. I own their SpiritGX with 100W Firestar metal tube. It is quite good and I am happy with it. Still they are overpriced as any well known brand.
140W GSI tube even through another Taiwanese laser cutting machine manufacturer have been quoted US$5000. I believe X252 with 140W tube will cost over 30K. You may wonder what other 25K is for.

Renardo Mouton
09-05-2013, 1:51 AM
HI, I have been working with a lot of X252's and let me tell you it is great cutting machines. GCC uses 2 types of tubes in the X series systems the GSI (Only for cutting) Reci ( Cutting and engraving) although the engraving quality is not as good as the Metal tube (Synrad) GCC uses in their other systems, its still much better than the cheaper Chinese imports. Life time of the sealed CO2 glass tube more or less 3 to 4 years witch you also can replace at a very low cost. If high production cutting is going to be you main reason for buying this system you can't go wrong and if needed it can engrave also. For high volume engraving you should go for one of GCC's blue systems that contains the American RF synrad laser tube. The X252 is only available in 80W/100W systems. That's more than enough and we have cut 20mm Acrylic with the 80W system with a single pass.

Philip Tarnawskyj
04-07-2014, 12:14 PM
I've got one of these lasers and I also work in a school :) PM me for help