PDA

View Full Version : 2 cherry gift bowls

Jim Ketron
05-02-2005, 5:22 PM
Here is two cherry bowls that I made for 2 ladies. They had some nice cherry logs that were at there house. The Father/grandfather had cut the tree and was going to make some furniture with it but passed on. I told them if the logs were any good I could make them a bowl from the wood. The cherry saw logs have been exposed to the elements for at least 2-3 years the outside sapwood was kinda punky but the heartwood was ok on some of the logs. This is the first 2 bowls from the load that I got. so i gave them to the Ladies, they liked them very much when I presented them. They also said that I could get some more if I wanted it.:D
The finish is Toung oil, and buffed on the Beall.\
Jim

Jim Ketron
05-02-2005, 5:23 PM
and here is Bowl #2

Dick Parr
05-02-2005, 5:32 PM
Those are some really nice looking bowls Jim. I beat the ladies did like them. :)

John Hart
05-02-2005, 5:59 PM
Nice Bowls Jim....That's cool that they have such a memorable gift. I love that sort of thing. Nice Job!!

Nice finish too...I guess I have to look into the Beale System!

Steve Knowlton
05-02-2005, 6:30 PM
Good Looking Bowls Jim. I Know The Ladies Will Cherish The Memories.

Fred LeBail
05-02-2005, 7:52 PM
Nice bowls and nice trade off. Giving something you like and getting something you also like, don't get much better. Did you get much more wood ?

John Miliunas
05-02-2005, 8:41 PM
Very well done, Jim! Beautiful color, great shape and wonderful job on the finish! They really turned out grand. Yup, I'll bet they're quite happy and quite willing to see that poor old Cherry get a second life!:) :cool:

Glenn Hodges
05-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Jim, I do like that cherry, and what you did with it made it really special.

Jeff Sudmeier
05-03-2005, 8:26 AM
They both look great! I am sure the ladies will cherish them.

Ed Scolforo
05-03-2005, 8:44 AM
Jim: NIce job again. I like the way you centered the wood grain. I'm sure the ladies are very pleased.

Ed