PDA

View Full Version : Gorilla pre-gloat

Jim McCarty
05-02-2005, 4:44 PM
I ordered my Dust Gorilla today. It should be in in about 2 weeks. I'm hoping I get the American made motor. It was explained that the fan wheel and motors are not interchangeable. The Chinese motor takes a metric fan wheel and the American made motor takes an sae sized fan hub. I could have gotten a 2 hp commercial with the gorilla filter for $203 more. Oneida said the Gorilla is 3-4 db louder than the commercial unit. This may not be a big deal. I'm hoping I made the right decision. Any opinions would be appreciated. I have a couple of days to change my mind. Jim

Mark Singer
05-02-2005, 4:54 PM
I would add the Jim Becker option....they should start including it on all the Gorilla models :rolleyes:

Jeff Sudmeier
05-02-2005, 5:03 PM
Congrats on the new cyclone! From what I have read, it will serve you VERY well!

Jim Becker
05-02-2005, 6:02 PM
I would add the Jim Becker option....they should start including it on all the Gorilla models

Oy. You're NOT going to paint me yellow. :eek: (But I do have a lot of bananas left over from the party yesterday...)
--------

Congratulations on your new cyclone, Jim. I personally think you made an excellent choice and frankly, wouldn't worry about which motor you get. The company that stands behind the product is more important, in my experience, and this company has done well by me on both systems I've purchased from them.

Mark Singer
05-02-2005, 6:58 PM
Jim,

You do such a good job promoting these and other products...you should have a model named after you! How is the finishing Forum? It never Finishes...does it?:o

"The Jim Becker Gorilla Model"
:eek:

Dan Forman
05-02-2005, 11:38 PM
What IS the Jim Becker option? I have one of those yellow things coming too.

Dan

Mark Singer
05-03-2005, 12:48 AM
It has more power..over 8000 posts! And it is a great finisher after it collects all the dust it sweeps your shop and gives you advice on joinery, finishes and where to buy stuff....Dan if you didn't get just come to SMC and it will be here. I had it in my shop for one day ...it watched a movie with me and roadoff into the sunset...."who was that masked man?"

Dan

Jim Becker
05-03-2005, 8:52 AM

Mark beat me to it, but I'll modify the option: If you choose it, you get to read every one of the next 8200+ pieces of drivel I post, even if it takes me a whole month to write them...:eek: :p :D

Mark Singer
05-03-2005, 8:57 AM
Looks like you have the JB opition...:rolleyes:
Mark beat me to it, but I'll modify the option: If you choose it, you get to read every one of the next 8200+ pieces of drivel I post, even if it takes me a whole month to write them...:eek: :p :D

Dan Forman
05-03-2005, 3:45 PM
Groovy, but does this mean I still have to do the dishes? :D

Dan

Jeff Sudmeier
05-03-2005, 5:02 PM
Dan nope, you don't have to. They become disposable. Just drop them on the floor and sweep the peices into the floor sweep. The Gorilla will gobble them right up :)