PDA

View Full Version : During the Game

Jim Koepke
02-02-2013, 12:46 PM
We have thought of going shopping during the game to avoid the crowds on the days before the game manically running through the stores fighting over the last bag of chips and bargain priced 6-packs of beer.

Though it occurred to us that this might be the strategy of everyone else who is less interested than the real sports fans.

It used to be the most toilet flushed in America at half time. The roads and stores would be empty except if TVs were on display and turned on.

Is this still a time to get out if one wants to avoid crowds?

We may just wait until Monday to go to town when everyone is back to work or hungover.

jtk

Caspar Hauser
02-02-2013, 3:01 PM
I didn't realise the Puppy Bowl was such a big deal.

Brian Elfert
02-02-2013, 8:20 PM
The Super Bowl starts shortly after 5 pm here in central time. A lot of stores except grocery stores close around here at 6 pm. I don't see a lot of value in going shopping during the big game.

I was at Sam's Club today shopping for Super Bowl party food and I think everybody in the area had the same idea. The parking lot was nearly full and they were completely out of shopping carts inside the store. The checkouts were really quick even with the number of shoppers. I go to a Super Bowl party to get together with friends and not to watch the game.