PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Hello and Thanks

Tony saunders
02-02-2013, 4:52 AM
Hi Guys,

I have been a lurker on here for a while, even after joining - so this is my first post to say hi.

Yesterday, after reading many of your posts on here, I made the decision to purchase a laser cutter. It wasn't easy, especially after finding out how expensive the main players are... I'm sure everyone thinks "well, I may as well get the biggest one just in case I need to do a really big job@... then find out how eye-wateringly expensive they are and quickly you're looking at something that can just about manage A4...

Anyway, I narrowed it down to Epilog and Trotec in the end... and finally to a Trotec Speedy 300 as the 400 was just too costly, even though it had pass-through. after visits from the rep, and some haggling back and forth, I eventually went for the Speedy 400 instead as the pass-through option was really quite important...

Shame is, here in the UK, we are looking at a late May/ early June delivery :(

However, Trotec are going to loan and install a Speedy 300 until the 400 is delivered, which I was impressed with. So far, my dealings with Trotec have been very positive and hopefully that will continue.

I wanted to say thanks to you all - reading the posts (I didn't want to start yet another "epilog vs Trotec - what should I buy?" thread) - was very useful and helped my decision no end!

No doubt I will be posting some newbie questions at some point :rolleyes:

Kind Regards
Tony

Keith Outten
02-02-2013, 7:57 AM
Tony,

Welcome to The Creek and to our growing Trotec owners group here. I hope you asked for and received the SawMill Creek discount on your new Speedy 400.
Don't forget to join our Trotec Laser Group when you get the chance.