PDA

View Full Version : Need wiring help in switching out my Delta bandsaw motor

Dan Hahr
02-01-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm looking for some assistance in wiring my Delta 14" bandaw to a new (to me, at least) 1 hp Baldor motor. The current motor is wired to a magnetic switch with a cord containing 4 wires - red, orange, white, and black. Inside the switch, the black and red are opposite each other and the white and orange are opposite.

In the old Delta motor, a 3/4 hp marathon motor, all the wires are color coded. The Baldor are all white with numbers and letters. It has three wires exiting the box, red, black and ground.

I know this is not the best way to ask for electrical advice, but is there a simple explanation of how the switch is wired into the works? The motor schematics are slightly different, but I have wired it properly for the 110V; I just need to figure out where to tie in the wires from the switch and cord.

Any help on where to go would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

phil harold
02-01-2013, 11:55 PM
post pictures of all wire connections
switch
old motor
new motor
wiring diagrams on the motors
name plates
then some people may be able to see what the problem is...

good luck

Dan Hahr
02-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Not a problem any more. Photos of the wiring would be hard to show as all the wires are white on one motor. Anyway, I figured it out the first time. I can't explain how I figured it out, but once I saw how the switch was wired into the other motor, I just hooked the other up to the same lead groups that contained the black and white leads. It worked and nothing smoked or sparked or blew breakers so I guess I figured it out. I just wish I understood exactly what I did.

Thanks anyway, Dan