PDA

View Full Version : Question for Kentuckians

Sean Troy
02-01-2013, 8:13 PM
Anyone know of cabin rentals on or very near lake Cumberland? thanks, Sean

Dan Bundy
02-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Many of the state parks have cabins, though I'm not familiar with Lake Cumberland. Here is a link to the Kentucky State Parks web site (I hope it's ok to post it, I'm not affiliated), specifically Lake Cumberland:

http://parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/lake-cumberland/default.aspx

DB

Harry Hagan
02-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Kentucky has one of the best state park systems in the nation and excellent accommodations at Lake Cumberland.

ray hampton
02-02-2013, 2:28 PM
will you consider renting a houseboat instead ?

Sean Troy
02-02-2013, 2:50 PM
will you consider renting a houseboat instead ?
Thought about it but I do already have a nice boat we would be using. thanks, Sean

Sean Troy
02-02-2013, 2:51 PM
I've got that site book marked for some time now. Great site for quick info. Thanks, Sean

Sean Troy
02-02-2013, 2:53 PM
Kentucky has one of the best state park systems in the nation and excellent accommodations at Lake Cumberland.
Yes they do! We've state at the resort in the past and it was wonderful. Just looking for more room as a few families are going with us this time. thanks, Sean

Ben Hatcher
02-05-2013, 12:56 PM
I like to camp at Conley Bottom when I visit Lake Cumberland. They have a very nice marina and you can walk to the dock from your camp site. Their site advertises cabins, but I don't recall seeing them, so I can't speak to how convenient they might be relative to the docks.

I've been told that Norris Lake is incredible. If you're not dead set on Cumberland you might want to check it out as well.

ray hampton
02-05-2013, 2:18 PM
I like to camp at Conley Bottom when I visit Lake Cumberland. They have a very nice marina and you can walk to the dock from your camp site. Their site advertises cabins, but I don't recall seeing them, so I can't speak to how convenient they might be relative to the docks.

I've been told that Norris Lake is incredible. If you're not dead set on Cumberland you might want to check it out as well.

I believe that Dale Hollow are closer but do not know about cabins

Sean Troy
02-05-2013, 6:35 PM
Pretty much set on Cumberland. been there and the family loves going there. I would like to go to Dale Hollow this year for some Muskie fishing.

Joe Angrisani
02-05-2013, 7:29 PM
Have you tried Vacation Rentals By Owner? We've used them in other places.

www.vrbo.com