PDA

View Full Version : Imagaro

gary l roberts
02-01-2013, 5:46 PM
Ok so I am not what you would call a Corel Draw wizard. I do remember my 7th grade art teacher though, she was my first teacher crush.
I am looking for a short cut on art work and logos.... and saw this program Imagro. Looks good but was interested in what you'all thought. Looks good but the videos only show fairly simply logo work.
Was wondering if anybody uses it for more complex trace work and if so what you thought. Also , same questions on magic trace, or any other thrid party program.

Frank Corker
02-03-2013, 3:38 PM
Gary I've had a quick look on the internet. Can't find any program called Imagro, would you care to enlighten us about somewhere we may look to voice any opinion.

Mohammed Issa
02-03-2013, 3:51 PM
Here you go:

http://imagaro.com/

Dan Hintz
02-03-2013, 3:58 PM
Never used it... I prefer Inkscape for vector work like that (though I use Corel for professional work). Still free, like this Imagaro, but more full-featured...

gary l roberts
02-03-2013, 8:51 PM
OPS fat fingers... Its Imagro Z
Sorry

Mohammed Issa
02-03-2013, 9:19 PM
OPS fat fingers... Its Imagro Z
Sorry

i think you were right the first time :D
i think it is Imagaro!! and their website is as i stated above: www.imagaro.com
except if there were two different softwares :confused:

gary l roberts
02-04-2013, 8:25 AM
Thanks for the advice. After using trail down loads all weekend the though comes to mind that i should learn to do it in corel and stop wasting time looking for shortcuts.

Mike Null
02-04-2013, 9:02 AM
I think that's a wise decision but Imagaro has some automated features I haven't seen elsewhere. Still, mastering CorelDraw, or at least pointing yourself in that direction will pay off in the long run.

John Frazee
02-04-2013, 10:27 AM
I bought it years ago at a show for about $600.00. It was the worst money I've ever spent. I think we talked about it on this forum a few years ago. The guy at the show demonstrating it used the same preloaded "scanned" image and just within a few clicks had the image vectorized. Perfect! Get it back to the shop and never had luck. There used to be some Youtube videos about it. I may try it out again as it's been several years since I've messed with it. It also has font recognition but the font has to be in your system to detect it. If you scan in a business card and expect it to tell you the font, unless the font is installed in your system forget t.

matt heinzel
02-04-2013, 10:55 AM
I use Imagaro everyday as a supplement to my Corel Draw tracing. I think it does a great job, especially if you just need a quick trace that you can manipulate later in Corel. The main reason we got it was for the Font recognition which works really well. I think it is worth what we paid and then some. I would say that depending on what version of Draw you use that the vector tracing has come a long way right in Corel.

Dan Hintz
02-04-2013, 12:59 PM
I bought it years ago at a show for about $600.00. It also has font recognition but the font has to be in your system to detect it.

The main reason we got it was for the Font recognition which works really well. I think it is worth what we paid and then some.
Seems like $600 is a lot to pay for something that merely catalogs / recognizes what you already have...

Scott Shepherd
02-04-2013, 1:09 PM
Seems like $600 is a lot to pay for something that merely catalogs / recognizes what you already have...

Just for the record, What the Font isn't well liked in the sign world because it does something similar. WTF only tells you font names for things they sell. There are a couple of products out there that look outside their own library for fonts, but WTF isn't one of them, and it looks like Imagero isn't either.

John Frazee
02-04-2013, 8:48 PM
I see that it is being used and maybe it's been upgraded since I bought mine. My box says Imagaro Z Feb 2004 edtion. I use inkscape, Drawmate or X3 for my traces. Drawmate does a very good job but I don't think its available anymore.