PDA

View Full Version : Fulton Stacked Dado Pro

Lynn Reid
02-01-2013, 3:15 PM
Hi...I was wondering if anyone uses the Fulton Stacked Dado Pro. It's half-price at Peachtree and I am thinking about buying one. I bought a cut rate one off Amazon...name started with a M...Mibro maybe. Came in a nice box and cuts good dadoes...but the welds on the carbide look as if one could fly off any second. It makes me nervous to use it. Thanks for any help. I'm not familiar with Fulton tools.

Lynn

Jim Andrew
02-01-2013, 6:07 PM
Just checked out Peachtree online, and no Fulton Dado, only Freud. Is this in a store?

Lynn Reid
02-01-2013, 9:28 PM
http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_020113.htm

Alan Schwabacher
02-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Based solely on the picture, it appears quite similar to the Oldham set sold by Grizzly as G2794 at a similar price. Someone might have comments on that set.

scott spencer
02-02-2013, 10:35 AM
There are a lot of good, well proven dado sets. You've been burned once by a cheap unknown set....why take the risk a gain? The Fulton looks unimpressive to me at best. Any of the entry level sets from Oshlun, Freud, Irwin, CMT for < $100 are good sets. The Delta/DeWalt 7670 set for right around $100 is a very good set.

Lynn Reid
02-02-2013, 2:38 PM
Thanks for your help. The cheap dado set cuts good flat bottom dados...its just the welds scare me...there are pin holes you can see through in the welds! You're right Scott...I should just bite the bullet and buy a good set. I do have a good Freud 8" dado set...bought from an estate auction...a few of the big teeth are chipped...probably be cheapest to send them to Forrest and replace the teeth. Thanks again.

Bruce Wrenn
02-02-2013, 10:27 PM
...probably be cheapest to send them to Forrest and replace the teeth. Thanks again.Think again. Forest's prices are way out of line. Check with Dynamic Saw (dynamicsaw.com) for sharpening services and prices that are hard to beat.