PDA

View Full Version : Sandpaper and Your ROS

George Bokros
02-01-2013, 3:06 PM
My ROS will use either 1/4 sheets of sandpaper or stick on sandpaper. I bought some stick on but am disappointed that once you remove it you cannot stick it back on. When do small parts of a project or a small project in my opinion that wastes the sandpaper. Has anyone tried to re-adhere the paper using spray on adhesive? I have not tried it but thought maybe someone had and could chime in.

Thanks

George

Mike Heidrick
02-01-2013, 3:13 PM
ROS are round. Not sure how you use 1/4" sheets??

Get a stick on hook and loop pad and switch to abranet.

George Bokros
02-01-2013, 3:28 PM
ROS are round. Not sure how you use 1/4" sheets??

Mine is a 1993 vintage Craftsman Industrial Finishing Sander and the pad is square.

Lee Schierer
02-01-2013, 3:29 PM
I have the same problem to a lesser extent. I use Mirka brand sandpaper and if I'm careful I can remove it and later reuse the same piece provided I keep the sawdust off the sticky side as I remove it and wipe of the sanding pad to remove any trace of dust before sticking it back on. It doesn't stick as tightly the second time around.

George Bokros
02-01-2013, 5:50 PM
As I think about it I guess mine is not a ROS it is a vibratory pad sander. Guess it does the same thing but is different.

George

Tom Fischer
02-02-2013, 8:35 AM
I had posted on another thread about this glue 3M 08051 (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=3m+feathering+08051), designed for gluing sandpaper

Works OK, but is always tacky (sticky) so if the pad becomes exposed, sawdust will get on it, and need to keep re-applying.