PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

Peter Blair
02-01-2013, 10:38 AM
I just received the Robo rest I ordered and low and behold it slides right into my Wolverine without any modifications required.
Now I just need to make up a 'cheat sheet' of all the various angles I use so I don't have to rely on my feeble memory.
While installing it I got to thinking about my method of set up for my bowl gouges. I typically use two settings one for fingernail grind and one for my detail gouges. I have scratched a line on the arm of the Wolverine but it is really hard to get it exact so yesterday I drilled a 1/8" holes through the holder and arm. Walla! I Insert a 1/8" rod(could have used a hex wrench) and I now have the exact length each time I need it. No longer do I need to put felt pen on the cutting edge and sneak up on the correct angle. This of course will only work with tools that I use the cutting edge for the set up. I still have to use the felt pen on tools on which I use the end of the handle cause of course things change.

Forgot to mention that I use one of the Dway CBN wheels so the wheel doesn't change diameter.

Anyone else done this?