PDA

View Full Version : Copy & paste no longer works

Joe Hillmann
01-31-2013, 2:45 PM
I have a bit of an issue and I am not sure what the cause is. I can no longer copy and paste from an image I find online to corelDraw.

Is anyone having problems with copy and paste with the new layout that google came up with for image search last week?

Since google made there change I also switched computers, changed from xp to vista 32 and switched from chrome to firefox. So as you can see there are many things that could have caused this problem and before I try and fix it I want to make sure that it isn't something that google did.

Mohammed Issa
01-31-2013, 2:54 PM
ive got win xp, chrome, and CD. i can copy and paste no problem.

Chad Fitzgerald
01-31-2013, 3:04 PM
i have firefox and chrome. chrome works fine but i was on firefox and it would let me. i just use chrome or IE now and it works.
chad

Joe Hillmann
01-31-2013, 3:10 PM
i have firefox and chrome. chrome works fine but i was on firefox and it would let me. i just use chrome or IE now and it works.
chad

Chad,
I think you may have mistyped, do you mean that firefox wouldn't let you copy and paste? I am not trying to be rude but just want to make sure I understand what you are trying to say.

Martin Boekers
01-31-2013, 3:17 PM
If you have issues try right click and save image as.

Joe Hillmann
01-31-2013, 3:19 PM
If you have issues try right click and save image as.

Martin, for now that is how I am making it work but copy and paste is so much quicker.

Martin Boekers
01-31-2013, 5:20 PM
Martin, for now that is how I am making it work but copy and paste is so much quicker.

I know what you mean..... Some sites will only let you save things as a web archive... With all this technology we have to figure 10 ways to do something
and hope one of them will work. :)

Dee Gallo
01-31-2013, 5:33 PM
Have you tried drag and drop? It's faster than copy/paste, just make sure you have the biggest image available. The tiny screen pix are no good for anything.

Chad Fitzgerald
01-31-2013, 5:35 PM
Joe, oops, firefox would not let me copy in anyway. but chrome and int explorer does.

Joe Hillmann
01-31-2013, 6:02 PM
Dee, I never knew drag and drop worked between programs like that.

Chad, thanks for clearing that up but now that I know I can drag and drop I may not bother with downloading chrome unless I find another reason to.