PDA

View Full Version : A Road hazard Restored

steven c newman
01-31-2013, 1:18 AM
Pulling out of a Doctors's Parking lot, onto a busy four lane street. Saw a road hazard laying right where a tire could hit it. Not wanting to see a wreck, or lose MY TIRE, I pulled over, put on the 4-way flashers. I was trying to warn the other drivers about this hazard. walked around my van, and put the hazard into the van, for "proper disposal". Got home, and took a good look at this thing252924Just imagine running over THAT.:eek: I never saw that many paint colours in on spot before. It even had one that looked just like concrete, and another that looked like rust. Amazing what comes out of Sherman Williams nowadays.:rolleyes:

Ok i went after the metal (at least it LOOKED like metal) with a wire brush in the drill press. Then i found a spare sander belt, and start on the wooden part. Under neath all the junk was a25292516 oz, smooth face, rip caw hammer!:cool: I added the black tape as a way to tell when I get to close to the end of the handle. Don't want it flying away:eek: I recoated the now clean wooden handle with that "Smelly Stuff in a Blue Can (BLO) and called it done.

Nice save? price was too much??:D

Bill Houghton
01-31-2013, 2:26 AM
What a good citizen you were! And there's your reward, too. Not often that happens.

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
When my band was on tour, we stopped along the way after seeing a similar road hazard and realized it was a socket wrench handle. Walked up and down the road and eventually found the whole set. Turned out quite useful later in that trip. I've found some decent pocket knives and leatherman's when on my bike.

steven c newman
02-02-2013, 11:03 PM
A late Uncle of mine worked for the Ohio Highway department. He would be out and about, repairing road signs. He wound up filling THREE large toolboxes, with just what he found alongside the roadways. Usually, I just find other items. Like a piece of scrap wood, with a nail still in it. Hate following someone that has just finished a roofing job.......