PDA

View Full Version : Source of cabinet glass door hinges?

George Gyulatyan
01-30-2013, 8:19 PM
Hello,

Can you recommend sources for glass cabinet door hinges? The only options I've found are those terrible stamped metal things or ones that require UV bonding and cost over $60. Anyone know of a source for decent quality hinges?

Thank you,

Sam Murdoch
01-30-2013, 11:22 PM
The most options come from Hafele - try this link - scroll down to page 340 and those following. http://www.hafele.com/us/external/catalog/TCH%20electronic/TCH_TOC_Deco_Connectors_hinges.pdf

Thomas S Stockton
01-30-2013, 11:45 PM
I would go to a good glass store and see what they say. I made a display case for my sons school and I told them what I wanted to do and they set it all up with better hardware and much less hassle then I would of had. They were also very reasonably priced.
I would also second Sams recommendation of Hafele those look like nice hinges. There are also euro style hinges but you have to have a hole drilled through the glass for those.
Tom

Jim O'Dell
01-30-2013, 11:52 PM
I've never had a problem with the stamped steel sandwich type hinges. They are cheap, but I added some to a store bought A/V cabinet to put glass over an area that didn't come with glass, and to two side pieces that I used to store albums, and that was 15 years ago. Have to adjust the glass every 3 or 4 years, but that's not a big deal. I'll have to look at the Hafele units for the hopefully soon to start built ins on both sides of the fireplace. Jim.

George Gyulatyan
01-31-2013, 2:30 PM
The most options come from Hafele - try this link - scroll down to page 340 and those following. http://www.hafele.com/us/external/catalog/TCH%20electronic/TCH_TOC_Deco_Connectors_hinges.pdf

Sam, thanks for the link. The one on page 340 definitely fits the bill. I like the fact that it also has matching handles.

Thomas, that's definitely an option I've been considering as well.

Jim, sorry if I sounded somewhat dismissive. I agree with you, those hinges work, but the fact that they are top and bottom mount is a problem in this particular case as the top of the glass doors are going to be angled, and I am also looking for something that's somewhat more stylish. The Hafele's meet both criteria.

Thank you all for the replies.