PDA

View Full Version : Cant post to free stuff give away threads

David Kammer
01-30-2013, 9:58 AM
Kevin trying to post on the free stuff giveaway friends and it says that I don't have permission. Is there something I need to do to get permission to post on the service? Thanks for any help

lee chitwood
01-30-2013, 10:10 AM
You have to be a contributor.....

David Kammer
01-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Cool, thanks!

Keith Outten
01-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Note to everyone:

The Grand Prize Trotec Laser Engraver has been opened up so everyone can register to win, you don't have to be a Contributor.

Dan Hintz
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Dangit, my chances just went down ;)

Keith Outten
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Dan,

You won the CNC Router a couple of years ago.........do you want The Creek to fill up your shop with high tech machines ?
:)

Jacob Muldowney
01-30-2013, 1:21 PM
I have always saw the contributor tag was curious...how does one become a contributor?

Ken Fitzgerald
01-30-2013, 1:57 PM
Jacob.....click on the Donate button on the blue bar near the top of the page.

SMC is a privately owned website financially supported by paid advertisers and donations by members. For a suggested annual donation of $6 you gain access to other several other forums here at SMC, a larger private message box, a larger avatar, the ability to start your own blog here, etc.

Dan Hintz
01-30-2013, 2:03 PM
Dan,

You won the CNC Router a couple of years ago.........do you want The Creek to fill up your shop with high tech machines ?

I'm still quite thankful for that win, Keith, but yes, I'd be more than happy to have another big win from The Creek... I'll even put Creek stickers on it and post pics :p

Lately the majority of the shop's workload has been taken on by the Robust and bandsaw, with the laser stepping in from time to time... but the bigger laser jobs show me what the weak point in my system is (machine speed). Want to get that fixed...

Jacob Muldowney
01-30-2013, 2:54 PM
Thanks Ken!

Thomas Bank
01-30-2013, 3:05 PM
The Grand Prize Trotec Laser Engraver has been opened up so everyone can register to win, you don't have to be a Contributor.

I'd say that $6 is an awfully small sum to pay for the chance at such an incredible prize. Heck, just the other day I was behind a woman at the convenience store who was putting down $85 for her weekly lottery tickets... :rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
01-30-2013, 3:12 PM
Thanks Ken!

And thank you Jacob!

Harry Hagan
01-30-2013, 7:19 PM
"Good things come to those who wait." and wait, and wait.:)

Larry Browning
01-30-2013, 7:51 PM
Dan,

Wait a minute??? You guys gave away a CNC router before????? How did i miss out on that one??? I thought I had signed up for every free stuff drawing you ever had???? Apparently not!!!!! When was that drawing????

oh yeah, one more thing. I think Dan should be disqualified from winning anything else. Well at least until I have won at least one free stuff drawing.;)

Dan Hintz
01-30-2013, 7:58 PM
Wait a minute??? You guys gave a way a CNC router before????? How did i miss out on that one??? I thought I had signed up for every free stuff drawing you ever had???? Apparently not!!!!! When was that drawing????

oh yeah, one more thing. I think Dan should be disqualified from winning anything else. Well at least until I have won at least one free stuff drawing.;)

My chances of winning again are pretty tiny, but I'm crossing my fingers anyway :D

The CNC drawing was limited to Friends of The Creek users back when Keith was getting that business directory off of the ground.

Keith Outten
01-30-2013, 8:28 PM
Larry,

Read All About It:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?139859-Winner-Dan-Hintz-New-CNC-Router-July-4th