PDA

View Full Version : Help with opening eps file..

Emma austin
01-29-2013, 8:24 PM
Hi. Am having trouble opening some files which are .eps's. Normally I have no problem, I click open, it takes me to the box which gives the option as opening as editable text or curves, I select curves and they open. This one is coming up with the message: An error has occurred whilst processing <file name>. The file cannot be opened. I tried slecting the option as encaspulated post script instead of the editable option, it opens but is very pixalated and not editable.
I also can't add file to this message as it is 1.7MB..
Any ideas?
Thanks!

William Adams
01-29-2013, 9:09 PM
Opening using what application?

If CorelDraw, change the file extension to .ps and try again.

If that doesn't work, open in a text editor to determine what app mad it, or distill to a .pdf and try to open that.

Emma austin
01-29-2013, 9:14 PM
Thanks for the reply.. unfortunately I am not sure how to do that. Yes am opening in Corel Draw X5.
The file is currently saved as .eps
How would I change the extension? Thanks

William Adams
01-29-2013, 9:41 PM
In Windows, turn on the option to view file extensions for registered file types in Windows Explorer.

right-click on the file, choose ``Rename'', remove the ``e'' in ``.eps''.

Vicki Rivrud
01-29-2013, 10:47 PM
In Corel try using import and it should open.

Emma austin
01-29-2013, 11:35 PM
In Corel try using import and it should open.
Thanks, same thing happened though.

Emma austin
01-29-2013, 11:36 PM
In Windows, turn on the option to view file extensions for registered file types in Windows Explorer.

right-click on the file, choose ``Rename'', remove the ``e'' in ``.eps''.

Hi William. Where do I go to view file extensions for regestered file types?
Am I able to email this to you to see if it works for you?
Thanks

Mike Null
01-30-2013, 6:33 AM
There is no need to change the file extension. Just use the filter provided when you import the file.

If that doesn't work ask your customer to save their file back to and earlier version of the software they're using--probably AI.

Emma austin
01-30-2013, 2:42 PM
There is no need to change the file extension. Just use the filter provided when you import the file.

If that doesn't work ask your customer to save their file back to and earlier version of the software they're using--probably AI.

Thanks Mike. I still don't think I am doing it right. Could I email it to you to see if it works for you? I would rather leave going back to the client as last resort as there has been a lot of back and forth to get this far, and clearly I don't know exactly what I am asking for anyway! I have always asked for it to be an .eps but clearly that's not what I should be asking?
Thanks

Martin Boekers
01-30-2013, 2:46 PM
Sometimes I have issues bringing files into Corel so when that happens I drag the file into Corel about half the time that works...

Mike Null
01-30-2013, 3:22 PM
Emma

Feel free to email the file. mn@stl-laserdotcom

Emma austin
01-30-2013, 3:49 PM
Emma

Feel free to email the file. mn@stl-laserdotcom

Thanks Mike, have just emailed :)