PDA

View Full Version : something I said wrong

Bert Kemp
01-29-2013, 8:18 AM
I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong here? I've posted 2 questions both have had tons of views and no replies.

Frank Corker
01-29-2013, 8:23 AM
I can only see one post where no one replied, which was the streaking. A lot depends on whether anyone actually does have an answer to your question or if they feel they can or cannot help. I doubt that anyone is intentionally ignoring your posts. Can I suggest that you try reposting the question and rephrasing in case it may have been interpreted incorrectly.

Scott Shepherd
01-29-2013, 8:40 AM
I'm with Frank, I didn't answer your post because I don't have a Chinese laser, so I can't help you with your issue. I've never seen that issue posted here either, so I can't reference data from anyone else having that problem either. I'm not ignoring you either, I just don't have anything to offer for a solution.

Walt Langhans
01-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Actually I'm pretty impressed Bert, you seemed to have stumped the forum, not once but twice! I realize that doesn't help with the problem, but let's face it, as good as the people are here sometimes no one knows. I'm new to the lasers gig, so I don't answer something unless I'm sure and with very limited experience that keeps me out of most of the questions, but I always look at them in case I come across a similar issue hopefully I'll remember what the fix was.

Joe Pelonio
01-29-2013, 7:55 PM
Like others, I have never used a Chinese laser and despite many years of laser work would just be guessing. I know there are probably others here with the same or similar machine to yours but they may not check in as often as some of us.

Rodne Gold
01-30-2013, 1:22 AM
The problem with replying to the streaking thread is that the cause could be one of so many things , the laser he is talking about is a hybrid type chines internals/machine and a custom Motherboard/engraving system, only those with that specific laser and model might help and the fact it is not that popular makes it even less likely to get a definitive answer. That's why I suggested he go back the mnfgr for a better answer..if they respond. It's actually a US co marketing them and "supporting" them.

Bert Kemp
01-30-2013, 1:00 PM
Well I'm glad I'm not being ignored I thought maybe I offended the forum some how. As far as going to Full Spectrum for support I don't think their willing to support me anymore. They have far more important people then me to support.

gary l roberts
01-30-2013, 6:37 PM
Well, I was waiting for an answer as well. I've seen the streaking on my machine as well, mostly on alumimark runs. I've tried moving the material around the table thinking I might have an uneven spot, as well as different speds and feeds,clean the lenses etc but never got it to stop. It appeared to be consistent with the lettering no mater what i did. I came to the conclusion it was the processing board or some other thing I could not effect. So if you get an answer lets all of us Full spectrum owners know. I never asked FS. I have a 60 watt pro. MAYBE I am one of those important people.....I'll have to ask. In fairness to FS, the machine I use just grinds away on almost everything I put in it. I got what I paid for.....not that I will not accept winning the trotec with a large smile on my face....

Bert Kemp
01-30-2013, 8:06 PM
Well, I was waiting for an answer as well. I've seen the streaking on my machine as well, mostly on alumimark runs. I've tried moving the material around the table thinking I might have an uneven spot, as well as different speds and feeds,clean the lenses etc but never got it to stop. It appeared to be consistent with the lettering no mater what i did. I came to the conclusion it was the processing board or some other thing I could not effect. So if you get an answer lets all of us Full spectrum owners know. I never asked FS. I have a 60 watt pro. MAYBE I am one of those important people.....I'll have to ask. In fairness to FS, the machine I use just grinds away on almost everything I put in it. I got what I paid for.....not that I will not accept winning the trotec with a large smile on my face....

I would love to win that trotec my smile would be bigger then yours

Brian Brightwell
01-30-2013, 8:23 PM
I kinda know how you feel. Not just here but on another forum-chainsaws, sometimes I think I am a thread killer but hey it doesn't bother me. I do always try to be respectful and not negative.

Bruce Dorworth
02-03-2013, 5:18 AM
Walt, I hope this will answer your question and not make matters worse. I asked the same question several months ago and received the same response. A lot of viewers and almost no responses. The way I asked my question was why am I getting this banding?

Well, here is what I finally came up with. I am pretty sure it has to do with dpi. I ran my earlier image and this current image through 1 Touch Laser Pro. The photo was already set to 300 dpi. I ran the earlier images and could not get rid of the banding( I had the laser set to engrave at 300 dpi). I am engraving these on Laser Tile.

Later while looking at the images I was trying to engrave with Photoshop I noticed instead of the images being set to 300 dpi they were actually 1000 dpi(more on this later). My understanding is that you can engrave an image at any multiple of the actual image dpi. Like if the image is indeed 300 dpi, you can use 150, or 600 dpi.

So, I needed to engrave another image tonight and I think I learned even more. I ran the image through 1 Touch again and sure enough the image ended up being 1000 dpi. I knew it made no sense to run the image at 1000 dpi so I decided to run it adpi0 dpiT(this is the lower part of the image). If you look closely at the dogs neck you will see some dark lines. I second guessed my self and ran it again at 300 dpi(top part of image) sure enough there was the banding. It turns out (I believe) those dark stripes were because of the low dpi. I ran the image again at 500 dpi and it looked a lot better.

Sorry for rambling, but I was trying to explain as much detail as I could. Hope I did not confmoreyou nore.

If someone could explain why I feed a 300 dpi image into 1 touch and get 1000dpi out that would be nice. I think it has something to do with size of the image.

Bruce

walter hofmann
02-03-2013, 5:50 AM
Hi
I use allways corel photo paint. the first step is to resample it to the size you wana engrave the next is to convert it to 8 bit grey and 318 dpi then contrast adjustment slide the slider left and right so that the picture has as much contrast as possible and change the gama to 1.30 then go to unsharp and slide to 500 and dot size 3. then on the machine set the scan gap to 0.08 and it should come out prety much perfect
greetings
waltfl

Bruce Dorworth
02-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Can you send me a copy of the picture that you tried?

Has this worked in the past and now it dosn't?

Bruce