PDA

View Full Version : Streaking Problems

Bert Kemp
01-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Was engraving a tile and in the middle of the picture I got about an inch of streaking like the laser wasn't firing properly. Power was 100 speed was 30. Any Ideas
FSL 40w Hobby

Mike Null
01-29-2013, 9:03 AM
There have been some issues with FS lasers where the assembly was rather hasty and parts weren't secure. I don't know if that's the cause here but I would run a complete maintenance check on all parts including the table. I know of two such instances where the table had not been secure. Another where the lens assembly was loose.

Peter Odell
01-29-2013, 9:08 AM
also look t the picture and make sure there is nothing wrong with it

Jason Roehl
01-29-2013, 9:16 AM
Whew...when I read the subject line, I thought the '70s had come full circle...

Uros Sovilj
01-29-2013, 9:19 AM
Do what mike suggested first. I had a lot of issues due to loose parts and also my table wasnt leveled.Its also could be due to bad grounding.

Rodne Gold
01-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Is it a constant random problem with any raster file you try engrave? Does it happen at the same place on the table?
I think you need to revert to FSL , it could be anything that's causing that streaking , but if I had to hazard a guess, looking a the constant pattern evident thru the streaking bit , I would say its related to the control board software or the tube misfiring.