PDA

View Full Version : re-rastering a specific area

Mohammed Issa
01-26-2013, 5:36 PM
hey everyone

im wondering if there is any feature in LaserWorks that would allow us to re-raster a certain spot on a job.

im doing a BMP and only a part of it is not very clear and needs to be done again.

if i do the whole thing again, some parts will be over done.

any clues?

thanks

Steve Clarkson
01-26-2013, 5:52 PM
Create a container/oval/circle/rectangle the size of the area that needs to be redone......duplicate your bitmap and powerclip it into the container and then raster just the container.........hope that makes sense.

Mohammed Issa
01-26-2013, 6:00 PM
Create a container/oval/circle/rectangle the size of the area that needs to be redone......duplicate your bitmap and powerclip it into the container and then raster just the container.........hope that makes sense.

how do i powerclip it into the container with laserworks??

thanks,

Dee Gallo
01-26-2013, 6:03 PM
Or conversely, make white areas with no outlines and cover up the parts you don't want to re-do. Then print and you can revert to saved afterwards.

Steve Clarkson
01-26-2013, 6:04 PM
Oh......sorry Mohammed.......I don't know/use Laserworks....I was giving you a possible fix using CorelDraw.

Mohammed Issa
01-26-2013, 6:06 PM
Or conversely, make white areas with no outlines and cover up the parts you don't want to re-do. Then print and you can revert to saved afterwards.

hey Dee,
i dont think thats possible with laserworks. Laserworks has many limitations. i still trying to adapt!

thanks,

Dee Gallo
01-26-2013, 6:11 PM
Are you saying that Laserworks does not let you make circles, squares or other shapes - or that white-filled areas will still print? I don't use that program, so maybe you need to wait for someone who does.

Sorry, dee

Mohammed Issa
01-26-2013, 6:13 PM
it lets you create shapes. but it would raster them. there is no coloring in laserworks. so you can choose what color you want. im still new to this software. so i might be wrong!

thanks