PDA

View Full Version : Rustoleum Paint by the Gal.

Carroll Courtney
01-26-2013, 2:15 PM
I need to purchase a gal. of the Rustoleum Hammer Gray due to the size of the project and want to apply by spraying.So I'm guessing that it will need to be thinned down alittle for my gravity feed gun.I have use the aerosol cans alot and really like the affect,so I was wondering if using 1gal,thinning down some and spraying if the affect is the same?In a nut shell,aerosol can/1 gal=Same affect??? Thanks-----Carroll

Dave Richards
01-26-2013, 2:28 PM
That sounds like a great question for Rustoleum's Customer Service Department (http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGCorporate.asp?sn=cu).

Matt Meiser
01-26-2013, 3:34 PM
I think it with 15% acetone and add the hardener for oil-based paints that Tractor Supply sells. It actually comes out really nice and pretty darn durable.

Carroll Courtney
01-26-2013, 3:42 PM
Thanks guys for the replys,Matt could you explain alittle about the hardner that you use?Do you buy your paint and hardner from Tractor Supply(down the rd. from me),about how much hardner do you use for 1qt?Sorry about all the questions but I have never use hardner for oil base paint,which takes forever to dry,I'm excited---Carroll

Matt Meiser
01-26-2013, 3:47 PM
I don't really recall--I just follow the directions on the hardner. I've use the hardener with TSC's paint, actual Rust-O-Leum, and Do-It-Best's store brand. It does significantly speed up the cure time.