PDA

View Full Version : Lidded Olive Box

Richard Jones
01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
I believe Ms. Marshall sent me this chunk of olive a couple of years ago. I roughed out the lid a bit too deep, hence the taller-than-I'd-like-it-to-be, but a pretty piece of wood, regardless of the shape. If anyone has a truckload of this they'd like to ship me in exchange for a box, let me know............wonderful to turn, great smell.

http://photos.imageevent.com/richinva/turning/boxes/websize/olive%20001_1.jpg

Roger Chandler
01-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Nice wood on this, Richard.........your original blank may not have allowed you to have enough wood to do the form you wanted,........but this one has a squatty look to the bottom part of form itself.........as compared to the others you made recently. Nice finish on it as well.

If the blank was small, then you did all you could with it.........but another excellent box. Looks like you got bit pretty good by the box bug! :D

Richard Jones
01-26-2013, 1:14 PM
Roger,

yes, I was a bit limited due to the clown that roughed it out a couple of years ago. He has since learned a bit more, hopefully. And it IS squatty, but wood was too pretty not to share

Wally Wenzel
01-26-2013, 3:19 PM
Richard, Very pretty wood and the box ain't bad either
Wally

Bernie Weishapl
01-26-2013, 7:03 PM
I like the form of this box and out of some really pretty wood.

charlie knighton
01-26-2013, 7:45 PM
nice box, never turned any olive wood, very pretty

Ted Calver
01-26-2013, 7:52 PM
I really like that shape Richard. It's kinda like looking in the mirror:) Good job!

Kathy Marshall
01-26-2013, 8:34 PM
Beautiful box Richard! I really like the form and the olive wood looks great! It does smell good when turning and it sure does turn nice.

Michelle Rich
01-27-2013, 6:46 AM
I, personally, like the shape..it's squashed compared to your others, but that is ok, I think. The wood , of course is lovely, and you got the top & bottom lined up super well.