PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit!

Scott Hackler
01-25-2013, 1:05 PM
Last week, Steve Mawson and I started talking about him stopping by. He had driven to Houston for work and since Kansas is in between Texas and Nebraska ....well it didn't take to much convincing!

Anyway, Steve dropped off some of that Texas wood and I let him have his pick out of some Mulberry. We had a nice visit and Steve got back on the road. He got here about 3:30pm and left about an hour or so later. He still had 3-4 hours to drive to get home, so I didn't try to keep him too long.

It was really nice to meet another creeker and I might have put a bug in his ear to attend SWAT in Waco this year....but we'll see!

Steve Schlumpf
01-25-2013, 1:13 PM
Cool! Always great to hear when Creekers get the chance to meet! I am sure you guys had fun even though it was a short visit!

Mike Cruz
01-25-2013, 1:13 PM
You mean he didn't bring you any ambrosia maple? Being stingy with those huge chucks, Steve...;) Sounds like fun. Only an hour, though...not enough time to say anything more than Hi and Bye...

Steve Mawson
01-25-2013, 2:05 PM
Actually I think it was about 5:30 when I left, got home about 9:30. It was great to visit with Scott. He has quite the collection of turned items and he also has some that I had not seen pictures of. He had enough Mulberry to fill my truck but then I would have to find a place to store. Scott has a really nice shop and the heat was ON. Other than fog in Waco Thursday morning it was a great trip. Scot does have me thinking about SWAT, sounds like fun.

Mike keep quite about the ambrosia maple, that is our secret;)

Todd Burch
01-25-2013, 2:25 PM
Mike keep quite about the ambrosia maple, that is our secret;)

uh uh uh, er er er hummmm. (Todd clearing throat). Interesting... but not timely!

Mike Cruz
01-25-2013, 2:32 PM
Oops! I think I've said too much...:o

Ken Fitzgerald
01-25-2013, 2:39 PM
Congratulations! Creeker gatherings are always fun!

Bernie Weishapl
01-25-2013, 3:36 PM
Looks like a great visit Scott. Creeker visits are great.

charlie knighton
01-25-2013, 5:24 PM
cool, enjoy

Thomas Canfield
01-25-2013, 8:49 PM
Visits and sharing are great. I welcome anyone that gets lost down here in the Texas Hill Country. I look forward to seeing what Scott does with the Huisache also.

Harry Robinette
01-25-2013, 9:48 PM
Them Creeker Visits are some of the best time in the shop there is.

Chip Sutherland
01-26-2013, 1:36 PM
Steve....don't just think about SWAT. You gotta go. My work schedule last year screwed me over so I missed it and have been in withdrawals on all the stuff I was gonna buy. I don't need any more wood (I'm lying) but I did meet up with other Creekers (Scott was one) and other folks from around TX & OK in prior years.

Steve Mawson
01-26-2013, 6:03 PM
Chip,
OK, I have it on the calendar. Have not asked the boss if she would like to go to Waco yet but will visit about that before long. Thanks for the encouragement.