PDA

View Full Version : Looking for comments on General Model 130 (Canadian) 14 inch planer.

Brian Mead
05-01-2005, 2:21 PM
Wondering if anyone has comments/experience with this planer. I am considering a purchase.

Thanks.

Dev Emch
05-01-2005, 5:23 PM
This is an excellent planer for its size. My planer is a 24 incher so 14 is a bit small. But if I had to buy a 12 inch to 15 inch planer, the canadian made general planer would most likely be my planer of choice. Darn well made and darn well designed even though general did not design it. Its a left over design from poitras when poitras was bought and digested by general to get some excellent woodworking machine designs. General also got both of its shapers, its heavy jointers, the planers and I believe the radial arm saw from this deal.

Paul B. Cresti
05-01-2005, 6:26 PM
Brian,
I had a Genaral 130 but sold it to buy my Minimax FS41 j/p. The General is a great 14" machine, I would venture to say just about the best in that range. Mine was a beautifully constructed machine and functioned great. If I was not a pro and a serious hobbiest I would have all General in my shop.