PDA

View Full Version : Delta 46-460 Midi lathe Switch wiring diagram needed

Doug Olsen
01-24-2013, 9:13 PM
In a move the power cord somehow got pulled hard enough to disconnect the white and black wires inside the power switch housing. I've opened it up and see only one flat type pin but have two wires to reconnect. Or at least I think they both need to be reconnected. I don't know if both white and black need to be reattached or just one and if just one, is it the black or white. Obvious confusion here.

Does anyone have knowledge of what I should do? Or, anyone have a Delta 46-460 switch wiring diagram (schematic) that my electrically challenged brain can try to decipher?

Thanks folks,

Doug

Paul Williams
01-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Doug, I opened mine up. Took a photo which I could mark up and post if necessary. Howeverit the wires are bunched together and it might be best to try to explain it rather than post the photo.

The white wire from the line cord goes to the red on off switch. Looking from the back of the housing the lug is on the right side and the farthest forward lug on the switch. Forward = towards the ventilation grill.

The black wire goes to the lowest lug on the 10 amp circuit breaker located on the panel just below and to the side of trhe red switch. Again looking into the housing it will be in the far upper right corner. Way back there kind of hard to see.

The green wire goes to a screw on the back of the frame.

Let me know if you have trouble locating the connections and I will try marking up the photo.

Doug Olsen
01-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Paul,
I think that solves it. I'll check tomorrow. I know where the circuit breaker lug is for the black wire and since there is only one lug left I think the white wire will go there. Thanks for the help and I feel confident it will work. Now I just need to be more careful :-)

Thanks again,
Doug olsen

Doug Olsen
01-25-2013, 3:48 PM
Paul,

Thanks so much especially for going to the trouble of opening up your switch housing. You were right about the wires which I reconnected and off we go. Works like a dream again.

I really appreciate your help as I was at a loss here. Thanks again for your help.