PDA

View Full Version : Woodwerks show / sale in Columbus Ohio this weekend

George Bokros
01-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Anyone ever been to Woodwerks in Columbus Ohio? I am 2.5 hrs away and and and twitching about going.

How is there pricing? It looks like the have large inventory and have about everything.

Thanks

George

Carl Beckett
01-24-2013, 10:32 AM
I dont know about the show, but I have been to the store a number of times and have bought several items there (from small to large). As you say, a pretty wide inventory and always fun to look around at all the toys.

Matt Day
01-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Do you have a link to the show? I'll be in Columbus this weekend and might be able to break free of family obligations and check it out (that's a serious maybe).

Matt Meiser
01-24-2013, 11:09 AM
10% off tools and machinery (except Sawstop and Festool of course)
15% off hardware and accessories (basically everything besides power tools and wood)
20% off lumber

http://www.woodwerks.com/winter-expo-2013br-c-1066.html

To me its worth a trip at least once in a while as they usually have a lot of reps there to talk to. And if you haven't seen the store you have to go at least once. LOML went with me this past fall and when we left she was shocked how long we'd been there (which I choose to take as she enjoyed herself.) I said I wasn't driving down this time, but now I'm wishing I was going.

Brian Tymchak
01-24-2013, 1:01 PM
I bought the first 100 bf of Ash for my workbench at one of their expos.. Yea, it was a lot of fun to maneuver a cart-load of 10' boards through the crowd to get checked out. I don't think the others in line much appreciated it .. :( ....I can't remember if they give the expo discount on top of the "bundle" discount for lumber.. I think they did.

I might break loose from the house painting and stop in for a while Saturday morning. It's only a couple miles down the road from me. Don't really have a need to buy anything, although they had an Excaliber overarm guard last year that I almost caved on..

...these events can be dangerous....

Matt Meiser
01-24-2013, 1:09 PM
...these events can be dangerous....

Yep, that how I found out I wanted a Festool CSX drill :D