PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Blumotion hinge for this application

Marcus Purdy
01-24-2013, 8:10 AM
Blum makes several hinge sets for overlay applications and most of these are for frameless boxes. What hinge set would work best for the faceframe application, if the door is inset in the frame w/no overlay?

Todd Burch
01-24-2013, 9:13 AM
Yes, they do. I used some recently in my closet built-in.

I believe you'll want a half-cranked hinge (pick the opening angle of your choice) and clip plate 175H5030.21. The clip plate mounts on the inside face of the face frame, so there will need to be a minimum of 5/8" face frame width inside the cabinet to use this clip plate. My clearance was so tight, I had to mount the clip plates to the inside of my face frame prior to installing the face frame on the cabinet box!

Go to blum website and drill down into their PDFs.

Marcus Purdy
01-24-2013, 5:40 PM
Thanks for your answer.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-28-2013, 1:22 AM
Marcus,

The Forum Technical Support forum is meant to answer questions for members having problems accessing SawMillCreek.

I am going to move your thread to the General Woodworking Forum where it is more appropriate and should get more responses. A lot of members don't check Forum Technical Support forum.

Jerry Miner
01-28-2013, 2:25 AM
You can also use a half-cranked hinge with a 9mm mounting plate if the mounting location is flush to the face-frame (either by building the box flush to the frame, padding out at the hinge location, or using Blum's 1/8" spacers--stacked as needed.)