PDA

View Full Version : Shop rehab

Kirk (KC) Constable
05-01-2005, 7:31 AM
I'm not posting to the 'name of your shop' thread, because Ken would censor it. :( You can use your imagination. :D

The conditions I work in have been documented in pictures on a couple of sites over the years, so you know I'm not horribly particular about a tidy workspace. :rolleyes:...but folks, the shop with a bad name got to where I just couldn't deal with it anymore. So mid-week, I started the rehab...which included removal of a wall (which begat all kinds of electrical work and reconstruction of my air lines :mad: ). The tablesaw is relocating, as is pretty much every other piece of equipment I have. Now, the simple act of cleaning helped a bit...and finally deciding to throw out several half-finished projects that I haven't touched in several years has helped a LOT...but moving the tablesaw seems to be the biggest difference. Pictures will be taken when it's all put back together...which with any luck will be Tueday or Wednesday.

KC

Jim Becker
05-01-2005, 9:34 AM
Ah...I'm sure you are discovering all kinds of interesting long-lost things as you, um...reconfigure. ;) But it's worth it, KC...good workflow makes for more enjoyable project making!

Mike Mastin
05-01-2005, 10:18 AM
.........when the quality that I have seen exits the doors of said shop KC :)

I have long witnessed the quality work a that have crafted. I hope to make it the Mesquite Festival this Fall in Fredricksburg and see some of your stuff first hand.

Bart Leetch
05-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Maybe a suggestion......

Put double doors at each end of the shop & make all floor model things i.e. tools & benches & tables so they can be raised against the ceiling. Then open the doors & drive a tractor with bucket on the front through once a month pushing everything that needs to be removed from front to back & out the doors & load it on a dump truck. Then using a leaf blower blower & wearing a mask blow the dust out of the entire shop front to back & lower the tools back down to the floor. :eek: ;) :) :D :D :D

Jim DeLaney
05-01-2005, 1:05 PM
Maybe a suggestion......

Put double doors at each end of the shop & make all floor model things i.e. tools & benches & tables so they can be raised against the ceiling. Then open the doors & drive a tractor with bucket on the front through once a month pushing everything that needs to be removed from front to back & out the doors & load it on a dump truck. Then using a leaf blower blower & wearing a mask blow the dust out of the entire shop front to back & lower the tools back down to the floor.

So... You've seen my shop...

Harry Goodwin
05-01-2005, 5:53 PM
:confused: Bart yea and all the creekers would be going through the result. Harry