PDA

View Full Version : Freud Tools - Good customer service experience

John Myers
01-21-2013, 4:51 PM
The above table adjustment shaft on my Freud FT3000VCE router needed replacement. I am using this router on my router table and the plastic hex shaft had gotten so worn from use over the past few years that it wouldn't work any longer - I couldn't raise/lower the router easily any more.

I called Freud Tools in North Carolina and spoke with someone in their parts department. Gave him the part number, he said "Oh yes, the above table ajustment shaft." I told him my problem, and could I get a replacement part. He said "we make that part out of metal now. What's your name and address?"

I gave him the info. "how much do I owe you?" I asked. He replied "Nothing. I'll get this off in the mail to you today." I got the part 3 days later. I swaped the part in to my router. Works great!

Sure, they shouldn't have used cheap plastic to begin with. But you can't complain about this service to correct the problem!

John

Lee Schierer
01-22-2013, 11:57 AM
I had a similar experience several years ago. I called about the insert slipping in my 1/2" collet. The service tech asked why I was using an insert and not the 1/4" six finger collet. When I said I didn't have one, he sent me one, no charge.