PDA

View Full Version : engraveing with 100 mm lens

Calvin thompson
01-21-2013, 2:39 PM
Hi everyone I would like to pick your brains on some things you may have experienced with the use of 100 mm lens. I need the depth of field on anodized aluminum parts so if you know anything about any of this I really appreciate your impute!

thanks

Rodne Gold
01-21-2013, 2:54 PM
Terrible for fine detail.

Richard Rumancik
01-21-2013, 8:06 PM
Are you trying to mark something inside of a recess? A 100 mm lens (around 4") is not normally used for marking. You might get by with a part number or such if the customer was okay with the quality. Maybe there is some other option. Are you able to show the part?

Calvin thompson
01-21-2013, 9:49 PM
Sorry yes it is a paint ball gun and I want to be able to do guns to. So it has 2 cylinders and a valley flat between them. I am hoping that the extra depth of field could help

thanks

Michael Kowalczyk
01-22-2013, 6:04 PM
I use my 4" often and get fair to very good engraving results depending on the material. Do some testing because results may vary depending on your power, speed, material, original artwork and other variables. All anodized products/colors don't come out with the exact same results. Make sure ALL OF YOUR LENs and MIRRORS ARE CLEAN for best results.
Show us a pic