PDA

View Full Version : Need help Accuris 30 watt Powersharp Laser Engraver

Greg Ferree
01-21-2013, 7:45 AM
Hello, first time posting here.

I have a couple questions about one of my machines, maybe someone could help me out with.

When I turn my Accuris engraver on, it starts the X Y homing. The Y does fine, but the X tracks all the way to the left of the table then just sets there and wants to keep going left. I have cleaned all the tracks, rails, disconnected and reconnected everything on the machine.

I called Sigh Warehouse (seller), there Tech Support said to open side panel where the control boards are, then disconnect and reconnect every wire. This didn't help at all.

The next step was to test he X axis motor cable that connects the X motor to the controller board. Here is what he said "If you can find connectivity between a wire on the PCB board and the controller board the cable isn't the issue. At this point you are looking at a controller board or the main board." Well with my luck I found connectivity.

Here is my problem, the machine is only 4 years old, but Sign Warehouse wants 714.60 MOTION CONTROLLER WITH PLATE (Controller Board) and
1,616.40 CONTROL MODULE (Main board). Plus $2000.00 plus parts to fix it. So $4500.00 into a 4 year old machine :eek:

Does anyone but Sigh Warehouse work on these machines?

Thanks for your time.

Mike Null
01-21-2013, 8:25 AM
Greg

Welcome to SMC. There are a number of people here who have Accuris machines. I believe they are made by GCC for SignWarehouse so you can also find parts there and you may be able to find them on the open market as well.

You might also do a search on the forum for sign warehouse, accuris and pinnacle.

Greg Ferree
01-23-2013, 9:00 AM
Can any machine owners help??

Ron Hamilton
09-19-2016, 1:04 PM
Did you ever get this sorted, I ask because my Accuris powersharp 16 has just started to do the same thing on initial switch on. The only way I get it ot stop is to push the head to the home position and re start the machine. I think Signwarehouse have stopped looking after this machine. I never found them any help anyway. Any input as to how you got it fixed would be appreciated.

Gary Hair
09-19-2016, 2:43 PM
Check with Kurt Koser at LaserProNA, he knows GCC lasers very well and may have an answer for you. google search for his info.

Tony Lenkic
09-19-2016, 4:48 PM
Gary,

Are you sure GCC manufactures Accuris line of lasers and not LTT ( Laser Tool and Technics Corp.) another Taiwanese mfg?

Gary Hair
09-19-2016, 5:43 PM
Gary,

Are you sure GCC manufactures Accuris line of lasers and not LTT ( Laser Tool and Technics Corp.) another Taiwanese mfg?

I thought they were GCC but I could be (probably am) wrong... Even so, I'd still check with Kurt to see if he knows anything that might be of any help.

Greg Ferree
09-19-2016, 9:17 PM
Well, these machines are made by LTT which are no help. I contacted sign warehouse when this first happened, and they told me to contact LTT. After weeks of emails(huge time difference), they quit responeding.

Luckily, I had already been looking for a new machine. I ended up with a 40w Epilog Helix,and very happy with it. This machine has been VERY reliable for engraving 25 to 30 hours a week. Tech support is fast to respond, at no cost.

I hope someone can help you with your issue. My Accuris is setting collecting dust, if anyone knows of anyone that buys Co2 tubes, I have one.

Bert Kemp
09-19-2016, 9:23 PM
If your tube is 4 year old just junk it. Its probably close to the end of its life anyway

Well, these machines are made by LTT which are no help. I contacted sign warehouse when this first happened, and they told me to contact LTT. After weeks of emails(huge time difference), they quit responeding.

Luckily, I had already been looking for a new machine. I ended up with a 40w Epilog Helix,and very happy with it. This machine has been VERY reliable for engraving 25 to 30 hours a week. Tech support is fast to respond, at no cost.

I hope someone can help you with your issue. My Accuris is setting collecting dust, if anyone knows of anyone that buys Co2 tubes, I have one.

Gary Hair
09-19-2016, 9:58 PM

That tube will have some value to someone who needs a core to send in instead of sending in their tube. I would think a Google search for the brand/model of the tube might yield some possibilities.

Gary Hair
09-19-2016, 10:02 PM

Would your boards fit in the OP's machine? Maybe you could send him whatever parts you have and get his machine running? just a thought.

Kev Williams
09-20-2016, 1:56 AM
We have 2 machines that head for home but don't stop.

So far, this two word phrase is missing from this entire thread:

"Limit Switch"....

Bill George
09-20-2016, 12:48 PM
We have 2 machines that head for home but don't stop.

So far, this two word phrase is missing from this entire thread:

"Limit Switch"....

Ditto.... you beat me to the punch. If its a metal RF tube its not headed for the junk pile at 4 years. Even if its a little weak, can be recharged.
I will give you $500 US for the machine, depending on where your at!! ;)

Bert Kemp
09-20-2016, 3:01 PM
Sorry didn't realize it was a metal tube thought it was glass my bad:eek:

Ditto.... you beat me to the punch. If its a metal RF tube its not headed for the junk pile at 4 years. Even if its a little weak, can be recharged.
I will give you $500 US for the machine, depending on where your at!! ;)