PDA

View Full Version : What version of Photoshop are you using?

Bruce Dorworth
01-21-2013, 12:55 AM
In my old job I used Photoshop quite a bit. Well, I have a legal copy of Photoshop 7.0. I now have Windows 7 on my computer and Photoshop will not work. I think I get an error that says can not create a scratch disk.... Is this because of Win 7or is Adobe Photoshop not installing corectly? What is with all these new types of Photoshop?

Please help an old guy out..

Bruce

Steven Cox
01-21-2013, 5:32 AM
Understand where you're coming from Bruce, whilst I have CS5 which isn't an issue on Win 7 I love the simplicity of PS Version 6.0 which does pretty much every thing I need without having to sqint looking at the icons in CS5. My solution was to partition the HD and install Win XP on the partition along with Corel 12 which I prefer to X4. With Corel there are a few How To's on the net for installing older versions on Win7 so I'd bet there are some other work arounds for PS as well.

john banks
01-21-2013, 6:13 AM
You should have an XP compatibility mode on Windows 7 if you have Professional.

Also you can try "Run as Administrator" which allows the program to write to the Program Files folders which a lot of pre-Vista software (Photoshop CS2 does) will attempt to do, Vista/Windows 7 won't let it and then you get errors like these.

Alternatively if given the option you could try to install to another folder in the root of the C drive (eg "C:\Photoshop7") which doesn't need administrator privileges to write to.

Jim Coffee
01-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Good morning...

I am running or have run CS, CS2, and CS5 on Windows 7 Pro with no problems. I do have the primary disk partitioned to two disks...with the D disk being the scratch disk.
-Jim Coffee-

Scott Shepherd
01-22-2013, 12:25 PM
As a side note, you can do Photoshop on the subscription level now, so you can spend a lot less up front (more in the end), but it's a way to not have to shell out a great deal of money to get the latest software. We have it with CS6 and I thought I would hate the subscription model. I love it.

Tim Bateson
01-22-2013, 12:45 PM
You can download CS2 for free.

Martin Boekers
01-22-2013, 1:20 PM
PS has gone through many changes....Now they have subcriptions available $20 a month I believe for PS alone
and $50 a month for all Adobe products. Adobe as others (Corel included) have started to limit upgrades.

I upgraded to CS6 as I was using CS3 and 3 editions back is the cutoff for upgrades, soo.... I wanted to make sure
I got the upgrade before CS7 came out and my version was no longer upgradable. CS6 has saved me lots in time
with new functions.

Adobe controls all upgrades now and they have to be purchased and activated by them

Chuck Stone
01-22-2013, 7:27 PM
I'm still hanging onto version 7, but only because I bought it. I don't really
find it more useful for what I do than version 4 was. It can do some things
more easily, but I wasn't bothered by them before version 7 anyway.
And I'm not a fan of any company who uses my computer behind my back..

phil harold
01-22-2013, 8:17 PM
You can download CS2 for free.
where?!?!?
I am still running my legal version of 6 on an xp

would love to try CS2

Dee Gallo
01-22-2013, 8:30 PM
I'm running CS3 on windows 7, also on XP. No problems with either one.